TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want HID:yumyum :yes . I found this kit on ebay, says it is specifically for applications where it will be installed in a halogen housing. Also it says that the kits with HID high/low (that are not bixenon like these) have breakdown issues. I tried to search the zone for info but it is all pretty old. So has anyone used this brand (precision beam)? Does anyone use a kit that is not bixenon and still has high/low? Any issues with damaging the TLs electrical system? :confused :O ???

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
headlights dont really do much for performance, i would repost this in tlr/tls forum....might get a few more looks

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really want HID:yumyum :yes . I found this kit on ebay, says it is specifically for applications where it will be installed in a halogen housing. Also it says that the kits with HID high/low (that are not bixenon like these) have breakdown issues. I tried to search the zone for info but it is all pretty old. So has anyone used this brand (precision beam)? Does anyone use a kit that is not bixenon and still has high/low? Any issues with damaging the TLs electrical system?:confused ???

·
Registered
188 Posts
hid's

Hey

I have seen numerous ebay hid kit;s and seen the problems people have had. granted they were all being used in the subaru and honda camps. Myself and others have had great results using the Mcullough and philips kits. Great product and parts are easily accesible. but with a hid in a halogen housing the light will be much brighter but without the projector light will scatter off the housing and be all over the place. Hope this helps

Nicholas

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
I coverted the low on my TLS and converted my BMW.

I don't know diddly about any bulb that has a HID low and halogen high in one bulb. The pictured HID just looks like HID without any halogen low, but an unusual base. Only 2 wires. Pciture doesn't seem to match the listing.

And they claim the HID high beam gets hotter than halogen and caused problems, which is usually not true. For the same or even more light the HID bulb puts out much less low-freq (heat). The HID puts out some het at the ballast yet is FAR more efficient, by putting out more light and less heat.

Their listing does a pretty poor job of explaining what you get.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
look at page two of my thread http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79056&page=2 i am a day away from completion and will have a set of projectors for sale possibly by end of the month as far as using hid in a standard housing i don't think you will like the result but...it is your money...i think i have about $400 tied up in parts many many hours in time...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh well I bought the blinglights kit:) I'll let you know how it turns out- I have no projectors and this kit uses a halogen high beam:dowhat just so you know. should be:bling- but if it is :( I'll let you know... By the way I paid $295 with shipping. Your thoughts.... Besides I need projectors....

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Should be interesting... let us know if they really have a HIGH and LOW beam or if it's just a marketing gimmick. I too wanted hid untill i read the fact the damn bulb center will not line up properly in the halogen reflector.. thus causing wierd light patterns.. however.. maybe they have corrected that now. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
OH, i forgot to ask ya... was the 295 for one kit or both headlights.

·
Registered
601 Posts
this guy seems to have them cheaper (probably low quality, don't know) but he also sells single hi/low kits for $80 so not tooo much risk. Scroll way down for more selection without searching.

·
Registered
601 Posts
what's the difference between a Bi-xenon and a hi/low xenon?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think... with bixenon there is a sheild that moves around the bulb to let out more light for high beam (some move the bulb to do the same thing). Then the high/low bulbs have a small halogen bulb in addition to the xenon capsul- so you can turn on the high beam. From what I hear- the bixenon bulbs have moving parts and so they tend to not last as long- and the bulbs are slightly more expencive. I'm gonna try a high/ low setup (with halogen highs)- I'll keep you posted, should have them in about a week.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i just retrofitted some projectors into my car but i haven't put HID's into my bike yet, but try and find a way to wire a switch into the headlights to turn them off when you start your bike. It is very bad for the ballasts to turn on and off when you first start cranking your bike because they take a huge amount of power at start up...if you can, try and retro some projectors in because HID's in halogen housings are just like having your brights on all the time...

·
Registered
601 Posts
if you were going to lose the High beams anyways you would take the hi/low switch and make it so that the low is off and the Hi turns on the headlights (or the other if you want a light to tell you they are off)

·
Registered
601 Posts
dammit, now I want to buy an HID kit, but I have to pay for school and a stupid traffic ticket. Why do I even bother coming to this site?:drool

1 - 20 of 28 Posts