TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to sell the GSXR, but I swapped the master, calipers, and lines from it onto my TLR since the TLR needed the master rebuilt. I plan on upgrading the brakes, but originally was just going to do it all at the same time as a newer GSXR fork swap. So now my plan is to just get a radial master for the TLR and throw the GSXR's master back onto it. Just wanting to know if anyone on here has used a radial master with the stock system and how it performed when it came to feel and stopping power before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I use a Spiegler radial on my SuperHawk with braided lines and stock calipers clamping Braking Wave Rotors. Best brakes I've ever run, bar none. Great bite, easily modulated, superb feel and feeback. Probably the second-best upgrade I've done to the bike, with the suspension being tops.

Neil

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the bore size on that master? The stock one seems to require a lot of travel to get the pads to start biting, which annoys me a lot. My cousin has an R6 with the master I was looking at which has a 16mm bore, which isn't much different than the 5/8" bore on the TLR, so I'm scratching that idea.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Yeah, according to many, I'm "over master cylindered". IIRC (and it's been 15 years since I got it), it's a 19mm bore. But man, it gives me that short travel and quick bite that I like in my brake systems. I'm with you on hating too long a pull (despite riding a Honda LOL)

Neil

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, according to many, I'm "over master cylindered". IIRC (and it's been 15 years since I got it), it's a 19mm bore. But man, it gives me that short travel and quick bite that I like in my brake systems. I'm with you on hating too long a pull (despite riding a Honda LOL)

Neil[/QI used a ZZR1400 radial master cylinder with stock callipers. Works fine for me. I swapped the original master cylinder out as I couldn't get the bite and lever travel I wanted.:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. I'll have to look into that.

I used a ZZR1400 radial master cylinder with stock callipers. Works fine for me. I swapped the original master cylinder out as I couldn't get the bite and lever travel I wanted.:)
You got a bore size on that master?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts