TLZone Forums banner

Anyone in or between CT/NY/PA and VA???

1K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  BikePilot 
#1 ·
I've purchased a small dual sport bike that's currently located in PVD RI. The seller can meet me in Greenwich CT. From there I'll be riding it home, sticking to back roads as much as possible. Sure I could take the truck to pick it up, but that'd spoil all the fun.

I'll be leaving Greenich this Saturday probably around noon.

Since I'm taking my time and don't have a strict route to take home I could stop by and say hi to any Zoner's along the way that might want to meet up for lunch or dinner or something:D

Depending on how the schedule works out I might also need some recomendations on good (but cheep) places to stay for the night too.

I haven't mapped out a route yet, but I'll probaby be heading south west once clear of NYC toward Lancaster then catch 15 south from there, but that's far from final. Any recomendations as to a good route for a small bike would be great too (esp on getting from NYC to Lancaster area).

Here's what the beast looks like

See less See more
#2 ·
Greenwich is near me... I work at South Norwalk (exit 15) and I live in Bridgeport (exit 27) and Greenwich is around exit 5.

dunno about cheap places to stay around Greenwich, keep in mind that Greenwich is one of the most expensive cities in the USA. So i'd tell you to find some place to stay overnight after you cross the NYS line. Maybe some members can recommend something once you have your route planned.

Now about the meeting, going to Greenwich would be a GREAT excuse for saturday riding :) :)

Only thing is the weather... I have a feeling it will be raining the whole weekend... I have to check that later...

Good luck

#4 ·
Actually it will be sunny...

I actually should go to Philly for the weekend on the bike... I have like 6 girls spending the weekend there [party party party] hey... I might ride with you if you gonna go thru PA.

Later

#5 ·
Sounds great guys.

I'll probably want to stop for the night somewhere in PA. Crash, your place might be just perfect:thumbup

Basic plan is to leave Greenwich around noon and ride till around dark. Then stop for the night, or if I'm not all that far from home I might do it in one day. Just depends on how long it takes and how sore I am.

BBorges, I'd love to have company, but realize I'll be on a 250cc dual sport so I won't exactly be making great time.

If ya'll want to pm me your phone numbers (or post here if you prefer) I'll call when I know about what time I'll be passing though your respective areas.

:banana

#7 ·
BikePilot said:
BBorges, I'd love to have company, but realize I'll be on a 250cc dual sport so I won't exactly be making great time.

Not a big deal bro.

I only have to decide then if i'll be going to Philly (place to crash issue). But if that happens, then we can ride all the way to PA. And I have a GPS, backroads sounds just fine. No rush to get there.

I'll let you know and I'll PM u my cell.

Later

#8 · (Edited)
That'd be sweet:thumbup

(note, I tried to PM you my phone number, but your inbox is full).

#9 ·
I just talked to the seller. He's also willing to meet me in Newburgh NY which is at the intersection of 84 and 87 so I might be leaving from there rather than Greenwich (which won't change things much I think, other than saving me from about 3 hours of riding the NY subways).

#10 ·
BikePilot said:
I just talked to the seller. He's also willing to meet me in Newburgh NY which is at the intersection of 84 and 87 so I might be leaving from there rather than Greenwich (which won't change things much I think, other than saving me from about 3 hours of riding the NY subways).
One thing is not clear: how r u getting here? is someone dropping u here? I am asking that because whenever I go to DC or Philly, there is not much traffic crossing NYC on the GEO Bridge. I mean, on the bike is pretty fast ( :devious ) but driving can be a PIA!!

I cleared my PMs and I am sending you my cell...

Later

#11 ·
I'm riding with friends to middletown NY which is about 20 miles west of Newburgh NY and about 70 miles north of NYC.

From there I'm on my own. It looks like I'm going to be meeting the guy in Newburgh NY rather than Greenwich CT. I have no idea how I'll get from Middletown to Newburgh, but its only 20 miles so I might be able to convience the folks I'm riding with to take me a bit further or take a bus cab or whatever I find.

#12 ·
BikePilot said:
I'm riding with friends to middletown NY which is about 20 miles west of Newburgh NY and about 70 miles north of NYC.

From there I'm on my own. It looks like I'm going to be meeting the guy in Newburgh NY rather than Greenwich CT. I have no idea how I'll get from Middletown to Newburgh, but its only 20 miles so I might be able to convience the folks I'm riding with to take me a bit further or take a bus cab or whatever I find.

got it. I already PMed you...

Later

#13 ·
cool:thumbup

#14 ·
Looks like the route is going to be 207 south-west from Newborgh to 94 south/west toward allentown to 512 to 248 toward Carlisle. From Carlisle I'll head south (probably starting Sunday morning) on 15 into VA.

If anyone is along that route post up:thumbup

If ya want to get ahold of me, my cell number is 571.243.2064

have fun:banana

#15 ·
BikePilot said:
Looks like the route is going to be 207 south-west from Newborgh to 94 south/west toward allentown to 512 to 248 toward Carlisle. From Carlisle I'll head south (probably starting Sunday morning) on 15 into VA.

If anyone is along that route post up:thumbup

All routes are in the GPS already. You only have to worry about the portion you'll be riding alone, so print so mapquest or memorize it.

One of the last long rides of the year!! :devious :devious :devious :devious

#16 ·
Sweet:thumbup

There's a Suzuki Dealership in Newburgh that would be on our way to 207. I might hit them up between the time that I pick up the bike and meet up with you. I'm bound to have forgotten something or might want to make a gearing change (I checked, they have a decent selection of sprockets in stock):O

Here's the info on it.

Jim Moroneys Inc (approximately 2.7 miles)
833 Union Avenue, New Windsor, NY, 12553-5033
Phone Number: 845/564-5400
FAX Number: 845/564-5405

#17 ·
Hey BP: Maroney's and Newburgh are only about 40 minutes from my place. What's the itinerary again? (Times, etc)

Perhaps I could meet you guys over there tomorrow? LMK what the plans are! :thumbup

BTW: You won't be far from Orange County Choppers if that's of any interest.

#19 ·
Sweet thanks:thumbup I might just take you up on that ride.

#20 ·
Leaving work in a half hour:banana

#21 ·
Have a safe ride and a good time, Josh. I was hoping you'd decide to ride instead of haul it home. You'll rememmber the trip long after the bike is forgotten. Say "howdy" to all my old neighbors in Carlisle. :thumbup

#22 ·
Cool, lets just hope they are good memories:lol

I'll say hi (not sure I could pull off a howdy) to anyone I come accross. At the least I should see crashtd in Carlislie:)

#24 ·
1crock said:
Have a safe ride and a good time, Josh. I was hoping you'd decide to ride instead of haul it home. You'll rememmber the trip long after the bike is forgotten. Say "howdy" to all my old neighbors in Carlisle. :thumbup
Carlisle has some really nice roads and wagners gap is right near there. Some of the best scenery i've seen in my 19 years on earth.

#26 ·
Thanks guys, I'm in a hotel near Newburgh NY now. Should see the bike in a couple hours. I think I remembered everthing except my camera:banghead I'll look around for a disposable or something I guess:banghead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.