TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
It sounds like a good idea, but......

Reading the Specs, it says:

Accuracy is good for up to 30 meters. ( I don't think that is very far )

And, I also says it works in MOST parts of the US and Canada. I would hate to have this and find out that I am in the area not covered when the time comes. :O :banghead :confused

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think it means it can give you the location of your vehicle within 30 meters, which doesn't seem that bad until you think about where people put it when it's stolen - especially in an apt complex where the garages are small and in crammed right into each other.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Enter the Millenium Plus. Better than any other from what I've researched. You can log on to your site and see where your vehicle is by way of an actual satelite photo down to the parking spot. visit www.yourgps.biz:tillis

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
But GPS based systems only work when the transponder has a view of the sky. Don't think it would work if the bike is under cover (in a chop shop).

Lojack transmits a radio homing signal when activated by a signal from the police (also transitted by radio signal). The police home in on the signal indoor or out.

I could see each system having certain advantages/disadvantages.

·
Registered
219 Posts
you gotta check out the millenium plus site http://yourgps.biz
You learn practically everything about the millenium plus. it can be detected in buildings, in motion with speed , direction of travel. can remotely kill engine disable starter, lock doors!
The best part about it... it only costs six bills plus like a $19 monthly service fee.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
no commercial gps products are accurate to more than about 15 metres. US army makes sure of that.

and the gps needs to be outside and to go even further it needs an un obstructed veiw, even under trees can break the signal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
GPS detection is very limited and can be very wrong. We use GPS to spot a Drop Zone when we skydive when the cloud cover is to dense. Lots of time we are far of and land far from the DZ.
When hiking we also lose coverage in plantations. We got lost a couple of times due to this problem.
In S.A. we have very good vehicle tracking devices and companies. However when a vehicle get stolen or hijacked the criminals drive straight to a covered building and leave the vehicle there for a cool off period. Returning later to claim their stolen assets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts