TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone done a rideday at sandown Park?

Anyone interested in a date down at sandown park for a trackday on the 30th October, it is a friday and its all day etc, and total of $140 for the day.

Its thru Honda riders club and they will have there new 600rr and 1000rr there to also test ride if you want to.

Only thing is you cant take race bikes and slicks, its just normal road bikes.

Oh ALSO, FREE TEA AND COFFEE PROVIDED....WOOOHOOOO!!

Would anyone be interested in going? need to know by end of this week as want to send off the booking this week.

the track is the outside grey road.....

You can book and pay and if by chance you decide to cancel, if you cancel 5 business days before, its only a fee of $25 admin fee , the rest refunded, so not that bad.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
I've not done one there.

If you do it we'll expect a full report.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
knew there would be a catch !
well now being a platimum subby, i can take more and bigger pics to post!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ive done it in a Datsun 1600. The walls are pretty close in some spots, its not a track i would want to come off at high speed.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Mates have done it and said it was pretty good. A bit bumpy.
One thing though Moyston, i know they used to have a decibel output limit to ride there, due to being close to houses etc.
A mate on a ZX12 was told he couldnt ride due to his bike being to loud.
Sorta think the TLR might be a bit louder than that. Worth checking before you put the hard earned down

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK had a think about it and to many cons....and not enough pro's

ok, consider thread dead.

ill start another one on phillip island- so view that one.!!!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
OK had a think about it and to many cons....and not enough pro's

ok, consider thread dead.

ill start another one on phillip island- so view that one.!!!!!
You can't kill this thread yet I haven't had my say:laugh

I've done Sandown a couple of times.

First of all its 10-15 minutes from home and when the wind blows in a westerly directection I can hear bikes and cars going around the track:)

Second its quick. I would pitch it in speed about halfway between Winton and Philip Island

Thirdly, I actually don't mind the layout but it was better when they had the peel off two thirds of the way down the back straight with extra corners in the infield.

NSE.ONE is right though, I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't there in a few years, its been in the local paper of late, the neighbours having a gutful about the noise.

:cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts