TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I am running their Presa Slicks on my KTM, seem like pretty good tires, Roadracing World and a couple of other magazines tested them, the verdict was an ok tire, not fabulous, but above average if I recall.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I have run a couple sets. Decent grip and lasted quite a while too. I did one track day with these tires and had no problems. You can also get it in a 190/55.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
207's are rocks

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I've got the maxxis tires...went through 2 rears and a front so far...worked great for the price, I loved them :O

·
Registered
926 Posts
was thinking about trying out the maxxis but went with :hail Metzler M3's :hail don't think I'll ever run anything else.:)

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
was thinking about trying out the maxxis but went with :hail Metzler M3's :hail don't think I'll ever run anything else.:)
I'm on my third set of tyres for the year.
Was going to get new tyres this week but spied a 4 sale ad on a local site where a rider had bought a set of Pilot Powers done 200 kms (120 miles) and didn't like them so was going back to M3's.
One set of scrubbed in Powers for me,$150 off :)
The M3's have a good name and supposely do not move around like the Power's.

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
I have gone thru a ton of tires. Vandriver can chime in any second, he has seen the plethera of tires I have in my garage. I used the Maxxis in the 120/70,190/55 combo and while they were pretty decent on the street they can't hold up to track abuse. They were real hard and didn't offer much feedback. Another guy I know had a rear blow out on him but I think that was a pressure issue not so much the tire. I would say if you are just running them on the street buy stock in them but if you do track days go with a Pilot power or diablo corsa.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Matey, Maxxis tyres are just basically Bridgestone, basically Bridgestone moved out of its plant in indonesia ( Think thats what I was told, trying to remember when drunk aint fuggin good ). when Bridgestone moved out maxxis moved in so you are getting the same rubber and basically the same profile like a lot of the bridgestones BUT with a Maxxis stamp on it. Maxxis in there own right are actually good anyway, but when you combine it with the fact that its basically a bridgestone I wouldnt worry, I used them on my FZR Genesis and my TL had them on it initially and I had no problems with them, I only did one track day and didnt have a proble, but I havent done anymore tracks on them, I now use Avons on my TL as they suit my riding style better in all conditions.
hope this helps mate.

Ally :)

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
Correction it is actually Cheng Shin not Bridgestone

And the plant was in Taiwan not indonesia

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I use the Avon ST tires and love them, lots of miles and great grip/feel:thumbup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts