TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried one of these, Oregon ATC5K :O

Slightly more than the 2k model but this has the LCD screen to make sure you have it pointing where you want it before you get home and realise the whole trackday was filmed looking at the floor :laugh

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
unless they have really changed how they record, it's probably just as horrible as their last one..at least when it comes to fast action filming.

Sony is releasing an HD helmet cam with a wired recorder in ntsc in Feb, they already have the model in Pal if you want something pretty good.

·
Registered
8,879 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
The sound on the GoPro is fine if you remove the seal ... but I'm getting a buzz which I think is electrical, like on a car stereo ... personally, I love the wide angle :)

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
... 3 times the price of the GoPro Les jeez! I'd have a heart attack if it fell off or something ...! I plan on strapping the GP onto my kites and stuff too ...

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats looks like a nice piece of kit Les, was resolution is it ?

In the end I went for the DV500 (PV500 in the US)

640x480 @ 25fps(PAL) 30fps (NTSC)
Or 640 x 544 @ 18fps

Shortly after I bought that my bullet cam vibtrated to death due to poor mounting so I upgraded to a High Res Low Light Camera aswell

·
Registered
8,879 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
HD would be nice but really, for me it's just a toy ... I got the GP when the exchange rate was up to like 98yen / $1 so it was a (relatively) cheap toy at that ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts