TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to establish if the SV1000 flywheel has the same number of Ignition triggers on the circumference as the TLS/TLR

If so, then I know the Dynojet Ignition Module for the SV1000 will work on the TL (as there isn't one available for the TL)

Starting from the FT mark and counting clockwise the TL has 4 triggers starting at the angles below :-

FT + 45Deg = 5.5mm wide trigger
FT + 135Deg = 52mm wide trigger
FT + 225Deg = 5.5mm wide trigger
FT + 315Deg = 5.5mm wide trigger

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not by the looks of it old bean - found a microfiche here....

Unless it's somehow picking up from the dimples next to the protruding bits, though I very much doubt it....

Assuming it's for the motor that you were pointing at last time we dropped in for tea, could you just convert it to SV rotor and ignition? :O

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Coose, that flywheel deffinately looks different :banghead

I considered changing to the SV setup years ago, but it means everything, Dual butterfly TB's, clocks, loom, ECU etc etc

I'm hopefully seeing Paul at Dynobike today for a chat on how to approach it :devious

·
Registered
158 Posts
Curious how you went with this?

I'm a research nazi, and looking into a TL1000S build with a SV1000 ECU swap (mostly for the 32bit ECU upgrade and compatibility with the PCV and autotune). From what I can tell most of the sensors are there for a SV swap, bar the oxygen sensor which should be a relatively simply fix and the different trigger wheel for the crank sensor. From what I have found the SV has 22 trigger points as opposed to 4 on the TL. The 2003/2004 SV 'seems' the simplest because it still uses the cam sensor (2005+ drop the cam sensor for two IAP sensors).

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
A 2th gen Busa PC V could be made to fit, apparantly.. Should be info about this somewhere..!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did stumble across one guy that made a PCV Pti work on his TL but I think he was only using it as a fuel controller, plus a lot of forums seem to suggest it would be "unstable". Other than that, there is almost zero info on it.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
There isn't a ton of info no.. The TLR from the Performance Bikes magazine has a pcv, maybe that's worth digging into..

·
Registered
158 Posts
There isn't a ton of info no.. The TLR from the Performance Bikes magazine has a pcv, maybe that's worth digging into..
Thanks, I did see this mentioned elsewhere and several people make numerous attempts to find out more. I've spent many, many hours chasing info, hence why I'm arriving at the SV ECU path. It seems doable and I'll definitely share anything if I can make it work :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts