TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought a Bike lift and want to fab up a wheel lock like on the dynojet dyno's instead of the crudish clamp that most seem to come with.

The type that has a rocker so when you push the bike on it rocks over centre and holds the bike while you can one handedly get the straps on.

Just wondered if somebody had access to one and could take some dimensions for me, ie the profile sizes of the channel, the pivot point of the rocker in relation to the channel etc, or maybe some side on pictures ?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
My lift came with a crudish clamp but I took it off and will replace it with nothing. Can't get the front wheel off or the forks out etc, and sometimes when working on the front it's handy to just have the bike on the rear stand only so you can go lock to lock.

What I'm saying is, I prefer nothing on the front of the lift at all.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve TLS said:
My lift came with a crudish clamp but I took it off and will replace it with nothing. Can't get the front wheel off or the forks out etc, and sometimes when working on the front it's handy to just have the bike on the rear stand only so you can go lock to lock.

What I'm saying is, I prefer nothing on the front of the lift at all.
Good point Steve :hail

Thanks for the link, but after the above probably wont use it unless I make a wheel lock on R-Clips or something for quick removal from the lift :devious

1 - 4 of 4 Posts