TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really do hate this friggin place....yep, spent the afternoon at the RMV...mindless drones....

Been on permits since I got back here 6 years ago...yeah, they didn't transfer my M (motorcycle class liscense) from FLA way back when so every spring I get a permit and never have time to go do the dam road test...rather be riding with what time I do have...so every winter it expires :coocoo ...Sorta funny....could teach a dam class on how to ride but eeent had a liscense in almost a decade..:laugh ...yeah welcome to my ADD cycle of madness right?

So figured it was about time to break my the cycle and git her done once and for all and had a road test scheduled for today. I get there early and start filling out the form and the Trooper takes my permit and reg in preparation for a quick run through (he correctly assumed I had been riding for years).

As it turns out my permit is only half a permit (they are paper here and lord knows where the other half went)....seems it is the important half as I was pulled over in the beginning of the summer and the cop didn't raise an eybrow on looking at it...I honestly thought it was "whole" cuz all the important stuff is there (photo, exp, yadda yadda)....

Well the trooper said it was a no go because of it being half gone...I asked why, I mean everything is there....well he enlightened me: apparently the little square where he is supposed to put his "stamp of approval" is on the half that is missing..I said well why not just stamp this half:O ....Well, he was nice about it, even taking it up to the nazis behind the desk himself to confirm if they would take it...

Well they won't so I have to get a new one....now I am thinking "this is totally ridiculous....they mean to tell me that I need to wait in line for 1.5 hours, get another one printed that has the sacred square on it, only to have it promptly stamped and disposed of????".....Well that is reality in MA...but it gets better...

I wait for over an hour as 15 people go ahead of me for reg.'s while some family of Iranians tries to figure out how to transfer their out of country liscenses to MA at the one desk that has the magic permit printer....then I finally get there and the lady says I need to fill out a form to get a duplicate...I am thinking, " I don't want a duplicate...I have the original with everything but the magic box for the trooper's stamp on it, all I want is for you to hit the print button"....she said this as she held the one valid enough for a traffic stop in her hand....ok, I fill out the form, for the second time I might add cuz it is identical to the one I had filled out for the road test:O ....

Then she prints out what is to be a very short term permit and says " $15 please"...Now I am thinking "aaaaaaaaaaah, you people are bleeding me to death!!!! Why not just shoot me and be done with it!"....now I am about to blow a gasket inside, but I remain a perfect gentleman and fish out my check book....but as luck would have it, there were no more checks in it!!!!!!! Now I am beyond hostility and finding this whole experience histerical at this point and I let out an uncontrolable belly luagh, and looked her straight in the eye and said, " there is only one thing I can do at this point and that's go have a pint"...then I turned around and left.....

What ever happened to common sense? I mean I am there, I have a valid permit etc., the cop is there, we can all be done with this in 12 minutes if you just let the guy stamp it on the half i got......but nooooooooooooo:puke ASSHOLES!!!:banghead

DON"T EVER COME TO MASSACHUSETTS....IF YOU GET A JOB OFFER THAT BRINGS YOU HERE DON'T DO IT....IF THEY DOUBLE YOUR SALARY, DON'T DO IT...IT IS NOT WORTH IT....THESE PEOPLE ARE MINDLESS, SENSELESS, FOOLISH BEAUROCRATIC DRONES THAT WILL BLEED YOU OF YOUR $$$ AND ANY SHRED OF FAITH IN HUMANITY YOU MAY HAVE LEFT....

I NEED OUT OF THIS PLACE BEFORE I GO POSTAL WITH THIS SHIT!!!!!:dowhat

Aaaaah ok....that feels a little better.....

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
I had to travel up there recently for business and was thankful when I made a timely exit from your state. No offense, but I assume none would be taken anyway at this point. What is interesting to me is that your state has a temp permit for M class, we have no such thing here that I am aware of. You just go get your M endoresment and call it a day of hell at the DMV. No coppers involved either, just the "sweet" ladies at the DMV.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
My grandparents used to live in East Dennis years back when they were around. I loved to go visit down there, but with all the damn traffic etc I'd rather hang myself!

hopefully you'll get your lisence straightened out soon! :lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Hey dave, we actually do have a temp MC permit, in fact you can't get your license without getting a temp permit first (and you have to maintain the temp permit for a month before you can apply for the license). The temp permits are good for a year and restrict the rider to "supervised" riding (no defination of what supervised is), rider can't carry passengers, ride in the dark or on interstates.

Oh and it sure sounds like MA sucks:lol

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
:lol I've been there yelling at the DMV reps. The said thing is you wasted all of that time on your time.

There is normally some security at our DMV as well.

I skip the learners and got a license many years ago.

You took the written exam and than the driving exam. Done Deal

Like Dave said though, plan on spending the day at the DMV, to get anything done.

Licenses are the biggest waste of time IMHO.

My grandfather never had a license. He drove around and I suppose he was grandfather in to the law. Like all laws if you can't enforce it on the current population, they will enforce on the second or third generation for the current population.

What a waste of Tree’s.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
BikePilot said:
Hey dave, we actually do have a temp MC permit, in fact you can't get your license without getting a temp permit first (and you have to maintain the temp permit for a month before you can apply for the license). The temp permits are good for a year and restrict the rider to "supervised" riding (no defination of what supervised is), rider can't carry passengers, ride in the dark or on interstates.

Oh and it sure sounds like MA sucks:lol
Have we always had that temp thing. I never had one, just went down to DMV and did the testing, got my M class. That was 16 years ago though...

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I'm just outside of worc here :bigfinger

·
Registered
358 Posts
Davcruz said:
Have we always had that temp thing. I never had one, just went down to DMV and did the testing, got my M class. That was 16 years ago though...

Lots has changed sience then old man ...:laugh .. I:2finger Grew up on the Cape.. It sux no 2 ways about it i Turned 18 and tore A$$ outa there and went to New Hampshire ... now i'm back in Mass just over the border from NH

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
They don't call it Taxachussetts for nothing!

I used to live in Rhode Island. Funny thing was, after I moved to CA from there, the Registry in RI harrassed me for like 10 years trying to collect fees on my Kawasaki. Man, they were tenacious.

CA was clueless. They asked me what the value of the bike was for tax purposes. The DMV girl did not know a Ninja from a Vespa. I told her $1,000 :devious

1 - 9 of 9 Posts