TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 CBR F4 in stock street form(but not for long) for my track whore.

I was wondering if any of you are running the same thing and what upgrades have you done to it?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Sweet bike, I used to have one of those. Don't have much info for you other than to say...enjoy!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I used to run a 2001 F4i on the track and loved it. I put .95 springs and synthetic oil in the forks and put a fox shock on the back and it handled like a dream. I also had rear-sets on it (the ground clearance sucks on these bikes), a scotts damper, and a high mount exhaust.

I still have a few of the race bits left over if you are interested, although I don't know if they would fit an F4.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooh yes please. Send me a PM of what you got laying around.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a 99 F4 that I used to race and I'm thinking about bringing it back as a track bike. I also have the fox shock. great value.
You will need an aftermarket shock to raise the bike up higher off the ground or it will drag parts. Also, try to keep the geometry close to stock. What I mean is, if you raise the back up, try to raise the front up also.
You might want to convert it to accept F4i bodywork because it's easier to find too. :) In order to do that you will need F4i ram air tubes, seat cushion and windscreen. Oh, and there are a couple of tricks you can do to for your clipons too. Let me know if you want to know more.

I have some parts too. Let me know what you need.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you find a Fox shock absorber for the F4? I looked up their website and all I found was suspensions for dirtbikes, atv's, and mountain bikes.

I still didn't get the bike yet(hopefully this week), but let me know what you have laying around.

And yes, I would like to know more about what you did to your track bike. Send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Fox isn't selling any new shocks for street/race bikes.
You'll have to find one used or look for Ohlins, Penske etc.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yep, that's what I'm hearing too. If you are going with a new shock I think I would go with the Penske.
With a little grinding, you can use Honda Blackbird clipons. This time around I'm going to use the stock clipons but cut the tabs off the bottom so I can move them out wider. Blackbird bars are lower though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts