TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
philips pooped itself, looks like a new logic board. pretty easy diagnosis. $50 on ebay. anyone else every done this? pretty much followed threads on forums and managed a diagnosis.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Overclock the flux capacitor :lol

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,419 Posts
I know, it's a telly :thumbup :lol

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Cool stuff:thumbup I've never seen pics of the inside of a flat panel TV before. I can't think of anything to mod :laugh

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Somewhat related - I put my 1983 vintage Yamaha A700 integrated amp on the workbench today and gave all it's moving switches and controls a through flush out job with a can of tuner cleaning lube ($10.00, from Radio Shack). The amp is close to 30 years old and while it worked, it was far from sounding like my memory said it used to.

Plugged her back in and holy cow. It is like a yellow film has been peeled off the sound. No hum, no scratchiness, just effortless incredibly smooth and clean detailed sound at ridiculous volume levels, just like I remembered back in the party days. My oldest daughter was pretty shocked to see Dad cranking up the "thundertron" as I used to call it, to the levels it was intended for when I built the speakers, way back in '89 :lol

I don't know that much about electronics, but did a bit of searching and found out about the need to "clean the pots" once in awhile. My amp was way overdue. It is good to have the old girl back. It is like she is brand new again. :D

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not to mention your sweet basement home theater room to fill the bill :hail

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid Sweet setup. My dad has an amp and set of speakers from way before my time that still sound fantastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts