TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have searched the manual and haven't found anything saying about any mark on the plate like the 6bolters do.
So, the guys who have taken apart their 5bolt clutch, did you have to align the plate in any way during your installation or it's just any way it goes? :)

We need your help in order to have Vandriver make us some nice plates....

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I think only the 6 bolts plate have the aligning mark.

I streep away my 5 bolts clutch more than 6 or 7 times and never put attention to any special position or mark when I mount the clutch plate back...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Nope, nothing to align to. I found one on the pressure plate, a circle with a line through it, but nothing to match it to on the hub. The hub has no mark.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
What I'm talking about is at the 6:00 o'clock position. (Although the last plate is mis-aligned? :dowhat)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I'm talking about is at the 6:00 o'clock position. (Although the last plate is mis-aligned? :dowhat)

This was my first thought but according to Vandriver, this mark has no use at all..
He is searching for something different but obviously there is nothing else.....

Thanks guys......

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
This was my first thought but according to Vandriver, this mark has no use at all.. .
There's nothing to align it to, it's not for assembly.

(Colin, better look inside that window of yours. I can't remember if that's the last time I was in the clutch, but the last plate in is in the wrong spot. :banghead)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i managed to not read this when i did the 6 bolt conversion and wore the alignment mark off the inner basket but there is only three positions you can assemble it anyway one way will be better than the other two...way better but as in the service manual it does not matter on the five spring only the six..also one other note,,,there are two sets of clutch packs for the six spring assembly...an early 16 pc. or late 18 pc. the later set has one additional metal and fiber per set..and i believe they are thinner than the earlier versions...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts