TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

I bought a SS yosh full system for TLR (not recived yet, on the way to Spain). So I just email to Yoshimura USA regarding info about the price of the TLS front header to fit the system on my bike... That's the answer from they:

Hello,

The TLR and TLS have different part numbers for header / tail . You can't change the header / tail it won't work . Part number for header for TLS is:
TL106RRHF: TL1000S 97-01 SS RCE FRONT HDR $90
TL106RRHB: TL1000S 97-01 SS RCE REAR HDR $350

I would suggest going thru our distributors in Spain to save you money in shipping costs:

SOALMOTO
+34-91-550-1996
[email protected]
http://www.soalmotos.com

Thanks!

Lauren
Yoshimura Sales

Is that correct?, I did a search and my conclusion was that TLS front header fit on the TLR system. Also is the part number for the TLS header correct?.

Thanks

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
If it doesn't fit then I really did something wrong. :laugh

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i think they are saying the tail part won't fit either (even though it does!) because the mounts to the frame are different on the TLS/R. but i don't have a system so am speculating!!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you're the man for my question Burncycle :)

Yes, maybe mounting points are different and they just try to do some profit :coocoo .

I know that the conversion is possible just changing the front TLS header, I just want to confirm with you guys. About the part number is the good one?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and another question... Where is the best place to buy the header?... Probably will be cheaper if I buy from the States.... Europe and the F"·!cking Euro are bloddy expensive.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
I think they just don't want to take responsibility because the two are not 'designed' to work together even though they do, hence the not ‘won’t work’ response from them.

$90 seems like a good price for the head pipe, especially since the mid pipes run ~$115 IIRC. I wonder if that includes the small front spigot, flange, blots and springs also needed? :O

One a side note, I noticed on my TLR the head pipe connected to the inside of the small front spigot while the TLS connected to the outside of it. I wonder if you can use the TLR front hardware with the TLS front pipe :confused

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the remark Burncycle.... I'll check it out before install.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
I would suggest going thru our distributors in Spain to save you money in shipping costs:
I was at the dealer the other week and while there thought to ask about Yoshimura replacement parts on the off chance.

The answer when asked about a L/H mid pipe and Titanium slip on muffler.

No you can not buy a mid pipe on its own but we can supply 2 Yoshi (bolt on) stainless steel mufflers for $1500 (US$1005) :lol

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I bought midpipes by themselves when I got my yosh sys that was wrecked :O

part #s were TLR1TL and TLR1TR or somethin like that :confused

they were somethin like $75 each :O

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some dealer just want to do profit whit us.... I probably will try to get the front header on the states or a second hand here on the Zone.... I'm sure even with shipping costs will be cheaper on the states than in my country... dammed Euro :banghead

1 - 13 of 13 Posts