TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry to beat a dead horse :banghead but ive searched the pages looking for anything on a set of saddle bags that will fit the TLR with the hump on i just bought a set and they lay on the pipes which i dont really want so if anyone can help out it would be appreciated! also i was thinking about purchasing a comfortable backpack instead something with a chest or waist strap if you also have any ideas on thatlet me know just seein what you guys have thanks :hail

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Backpacks suck for long distance riding. I'd take the hump off, put on the rear seat and strap everything to the rear seat where a passenger would sit. Also a tank bag is a great way to get a bit of extra space and can make the bike more comfortable by giving you something to lean against for the long, boring straight bits.

I don't know what side-bags would work with the TLR. You'll want some of the wedge-shaped ones for sure I'd think.

I don't know how far you are going, but really put some thought into packing light. You might manage to get everything you need in a tank bag and tail pack, that way you could avoid saddle bags all together. I've usually managed this for fairly long trips. Only time I rode really heavily loaded was last summer when I went out to Denver for a summer internship and had to bring suits for work, computer and a full complement of off road gear for a bit of weekend fun:banana That was on a 919 though. I used Nelson Riggs soft bags and they worked ok.

A hard top case can be really nice as well, but there's not much in the way of decent racks for the TL so that could involve a bit of fabricating to get something to work well there.

This was my low-budget packing on my TL for a 2700 mile trip with 3 days of riding and 3 days of hanging out at an airshow and 1 day of hanging with my sis in canada.

And my ski-trip setup

All this ended up on a 919

It worked ok (about 7k miles into the trip here)

And here's a better shot of the bags

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts

·
Moderator,
8,248 Posts
:lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts