TLZone Forums banner

Another Spring/Summer in the Boondocks

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  tl1000lasse 
#1 ·
Some rides/fun after work for starters.

little road block - I have no idea what killed these trees but there are several hectares of these giants standing dead protected from the wind. It's a bit nerve racking to ride through sometimes because they've been there a very long time and are constantly creaking and threatening to topple over.

Baby grouse.

Getting into the alpine......a forest fire from about 25 years ago. Definitely good country for grizzly's. Nadina Mountain in the distance

WAYYY above the tree line, and yes the bikes made it all the way to the top!

a couple caribou running by. I forgot to put the best shot on my memory stick

See less See more
#3 ·
Nadina Mountain attempt! As you could see in previous pictures, it's pretty big in the landscape. I don't know how much vertical but I'd say at least 3500 feet bottom to top, probably more.

It had to be a solo attempt and the trail starts a long way out from the actual mountain so I tried to take care of as much as possible with the bike. Was going to try to make the first lake in and sleep there but was getting dark and I started losing the trail.

Attempt 2 started next morning!

made it to Base Lake and the fish were jumping

Getting closer to the alpine....

Shit, cloud cover on the top.

Base Lake down there

The clouds never burnt off but it was a nice walk!

A memorial at the top. I was surprised to see anything up there since it's a somewhat remote location.

on the way down.....just for perspective, the round lake just off the middle is the start point and the lake in the bottom right corner is Base Lake

Imagine hiking by yourself in grizzly country for about 6 hours and having this bugger of a ptarmigan flush just before you step on her nest. Took a while go calm down and take a picture...

#4 ·
Last one! The Telkwa Pass. It's basically a shorter route to the ocean that was built for gas/powerline maintenance. About 100km shorter but it's never been developed; it goes through some very nice country too.

#5 ·
Damn that's cool.
Where are we?

#6 ·
nice pics :hail

nice Cummins :yumyum :devious

#7 ·
:stupid 's great pics and write-up. Location?

#8 ·
#10 ·
Awesome pics :hail Wish we had open country on that scale here :bawling

#11 ·
Great shots! Im lovin these picture threads, thanks for sharing. :hail

#12 ·
:stupid now that is a scenery :hail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.