• Under $500 - yeah right.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • $501 - 1000

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • $1001 - 1500

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • $1501 - 2000

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • more than $2000 - You need a new INS Co.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't believe the rates that you canucks are forced to pay!!! I'm in New York and just have basic liability since the bike isn't really worth much... with Progressive I'm paying $75 a YEAR!!!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
Here in OZ, we buy TLS for around $7000 - $8000 and my insurance is $440 full cover (fire, theft....)and its not compulsory. :O
But you have to add the compulsory thrid party insurance we pay with our rego to that. ;) i.e Mine's $37.40 rego & $370 CTP then add the voluntary comprehensive insurance too and it's not that cheap.

(But our CTP will cover all my medical and expenses if I wheelie into a power pole while drunk).

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can't believe the rates that you canucks are forced to pay!!! I'm in New York and just have basic liability since the bike isn't really worth much... with Progressive I'm paying $75 a YEAR!!!
You got that right. Paying $1400/year for my "blacklisted" TL-R. It's actually MORE than I pay on my Hayabusa. Madness!

And don't get me talking about having to pay separate accident benefits on every bike I own, even though I can only ride one at a time. Complete B.S.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You got that right. Paying $1400/year for my "blacklisted" TL-R. It's actually MORE than I pay on my Hayabusa. Madness!

And don't get me talking about having to pay separate accident benefits on every bike I own, even though I can only ride one at a time. Complete B.S.
Whats the deal with the TL being "black listed"?

·
Registered
223 Posts
It is that little sticker on our bike that calls it a "Super Sport". A Hayabusa is considered a "Sport Tourer" while the TLs are considered "Sport" bikes. Completely insane!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I just paid mine through TD and it cost me $434.00 for both my TLR a 98 and 02, here in Edmonton, Alberta. So you could say $217.00 each.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I didnt know you didnt need insurance to race it on the track, hmm.
Yep.....0 dollars here also, but you can get special track/medical insurance from special providers if you want.

Paying no insurance and registration fees means the money can be spent on more track days! Just need to find more time now to get to the track :laugh

21 - 35 of 35 Posts