TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tyre, Lebanon, Middle East Mediterranean sea..
October 23rd 2008
3:30 PM local time
These pictures were taken by different sources as this amazing monster got closer and closer. IM just amazed how mother nature can be soooooooo beautiful and yet so deadly at the same time. Luckily no one got hurt and no damage was reported as u see all the buildings over there are built of re-inforced concrete. Its the first time anything like that ever happened over there.

ireport: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-122769

here are the pics. enjoy.

[URL="
[/URL]

:thumbup

Ash

·
Moderator,
8,234 Posts
IM just amazed how mother nature can be soooooooo beautiful and yet so deadly at the same time.
Well, duh - Mother nature is a female.:lol

It's called a waterspout by the way. Basically a tornado over the water.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, duh - Mother nature is a female.:lol

It's called a waterspout by the way. Basically a tornado over the water.
hahahah.. i hope ur wife dont read that..:lol

cool about the water spot.. i didnt know thats what there called..:confused thought anything that went around in circles is called a tornado,:dowhat :laugh

so basically right when it rolls over ground it becomes a tornado??? sorry i dont live in oklahoma so i dont know much about that:O

Ash

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like the bloke in the picture who decides that sitting there and watching a tornado approach as he fishes is nothing to worry about. I'd be running away and making plans about changing my underwear.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Nice beachfront property. I am glad it is still standing. That thing was huge.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
damn

·
Moderator,
8,234 Posts
hahahah.. i hope ur wife dont read that..:lol

cool about the water spot.. i didnt know thats what there called..:confused thought anything that went around in circles is called a tornado,:dowhat :laugh

so basically right when it rolls over ground it becomes a tornado??? sorry i dont live in oklahoma so i dont know much about that:O

Ash
Spout, not spot. Yep, it's just a tornado over the water.

I thought the guy fishing and watching was a bit funny too, but as Ash noted, nothing like that had ever happened so he probably had no idea what it was or how much trouble he could have been in. I remember many years ago I was working in Cleveland when a storm rolled through and there were five of these out on Lake Erie at one time. Pretty impressive sight.:scared

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Spout, not spot. Yep, it's just a tornado over the water.

I thought the guy fishing and watching was a bit funny too, but as Ash noted, nothing like that had ever happened so he probably had no idea what it was or how much trouble he could have been in. I remember many years ago I was working in Cleveland when a storm rolled through and there were five of these out on Lake Erie at one time. Pretty impressive sight.:scared
Same thing happened during the tsunami in Indonesia.They just didn't know how much trouble they were about to be in.These guys were lucky

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

thought anything that went around in circles is called a tornado,:dowhat :laugh
Not here Ash.

We have Cyclones :crazy

Cyclone, Hurricane, Tornado, Typhoon, Twister all the same but different :laugh

·
Moderator,
8,234 Posts
Cyclones are in the Pacific, hurricanes in the Atlantic. Typhoons must be in the Indian Ocean? :confused Anyhow, those are all the same things with different names, a tornado is another critter altogether.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Wild pictures!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts