TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I don't know what it is about this bike, but I love it. I got a chance to ride one this summer and it was pretty cool. It doesn't help that the last few rides I went on this summer were stupid fast and I'm feeling like I need something slower.
Problem is I can't bring myself to part with the TL, especially with the resale being so shitty.
Something about this bike I really like

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
??? not for me, a bit too retro' :laugh

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems the older I get, the more I like older things (or things that look old anyway)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I think its cool. I'd love a scrambler to tool around on. There's a lot of fun to be had on a slower bike imho. Unless interstate is involved I find myself taking my DR250 rather than the TL most of the time.

have fun

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
:thumbup I like it..
The old school retro look is great IMHO
I wouldnt say there slow though. A mate i ride with has a Paul Smart Ducati,that thing has got some balls and probley handles better than my TLS:laugh

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbup I like it..
The old school retro look is great IMHO
I wouldnt say there slow though. A mate i ride with has a Paul Smart Ducati,that thing has got some balls and probley handles better than my TLS:laugh
I love the Paul Smart bike as well.
The Triumph isn't as fast, it's HP is similar to an SV 650 and certainly doesn't have the suspension that the Duc has either. But still a cool bike

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yeah that Paul Smart:hail
He's got some bling on it to Ohlins,Brembo's, termi's, open clutch and belt covers, billet shit everywhere.

This is it stock when he picked it up

Those stock cans suck ass ( Damn Euro 3 laws). The termi's look heaps better and give a better sound + more HP.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
+1 on Paul Smart rocking. I would love a cafe racer project.

Ryno, I am with you. I don't want to part with the TLR. I know I will not get the $ it is worth to me, so will just end up buying something else in addition.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Seen alot of those Paul Smart's up close - Ducati rally day. I dont like the 2 exhausts on the one side but they look so Cafe Racer Cool that I'd have one. Oh I dont like the front fairing though :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Seen alot of those Paul Smart's up close - Ducati rally day. I dont like the 2 exhausts on the one side but they look so Cafe Racer Cool that I'd have one. Oh I dont like the front fairing though :)
Yeah they were only sposed to make 500 worldwide but due to demand they just kept pumping them out. My mate was spewing as he ordered his off the net and waited 2 years for it to arrive. Now you can get them from the dealers. The termi he's got are long Megaphone style which look shit loads better. You can get the Sport model which is basically the same with no fairing or Ohlins. I think they have Sachs instead. Also alot cheaper.

Damn it sounds like im trying to sell these bikes. i guess i like it a fair bit:laugh :laugh

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
you can get the ohlins goodies on a sport model also, and termiolgi kit comes with a new ECU chip and air kit, and pumps the price up almost another 3k. Slipons too. I like the ducati's looks more than the triumph but im partial to the triumph for one main reason. Comfort for the passenger. Since im keeping the TLS and it has no accomidations for the passenger, im looking at a second bike in the not too distant future and that might be the ride for us. Nice enough to ride all day, power to get you there and sport along, but not enough power to tempt you.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I like the retro look. I also like simple motorcycles. bikes have gotten so high-tech now-adays you can't even work on 'em anymore. I'm having a tech backlash. Bring back the old carb'd, air-cooled, magneto'd kick-start with points. Well Ok, not the points. The Thruxton is that type of bike, if not literally, than certainly in the spirit of those classics.:)

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ducati is coming out with this next year. I'm not a huge Ducati fan, but the Smart bike and now this one are very cool

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
you can keep the carbs too, im sure liking fuel injection and cant see myself going to a carb bike again.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Ducati is coming out with this next year. I'm not a huge Ducati fan, but the Smart bike and now this one are very cool
**** me im in love this thing rocks.:hail :hail
Whats the model designation?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts