TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of trying to persuade Mary (wife) that I need £3,000 towards a newer bike, I have seen a few 04 RSVR Factory bikes about for around £5,500. This would mean I need £2,500 for mine, do you think this would be achievable or am I being too optimistic.
I have a feeling she will blow me out anyway but I will go down fighting.

I prefer the factory as the earlier models have the radial brakes as standard (not fitted till 05 on the RSVR) and i don't think £5,500 will stretch to a 05 bike.

Will someone either talk some sense into me or tell me to go for it, I need guidance.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:O Johnny you only live once :yes and it's only money :O buy the bloody thing :thumbup

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
another one bites the dust :(

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
I would say £2500 for yours would be a steal Johnny. :yes

As Micky rightly says, you only live once.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Was the question "realistic in getting £2500 for my TL" or "realistic in getting the wife to let me spend £3k plus the TL on a new bike" :O

1. I see no reason why not to the right buyer
2. Is hell freezing over, are the piggies circling above the house, wings flapping steadily ..... :dowhat You know what THAT answer is :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Mate, if I was given the chance I would go for it :thumbup

but hell will freeze over before that happens :( and I would prefer an '05 Factory Tuono :drool

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
good luck on the wifey, but ya man i think an rsvr's are great bikes. if i found a good deal on one it could maybe even get me to make the switch. but finding said deal is not likely around here. go for it man.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Posh, Whats the age and mileage on yours and i can give you an accurate Idea what shes worthmarket value, i'm sure shes worth more to us reprobates. My only conern from experience with Aprilla, is the bikes are good until you tamper with them, but the back up service and warrenty are appauling on a good day, I would sooner go for a Ducati. I know Aprillas are good value for money and superb bikes to ride, but if you have a problem prepare for it to spend along time in the garage:banghead

We used to be Aprilla dealers here and we aren't now for that very reason, good bike crap warrenty.

The older Model RSVR actually has a better motor, But if you get a good one with a full service history you should be alright (until it Breaks) Just dont remap the ECU always get a power commandor as the ECU won't take a download very well at all, everyone we have down loaded here when we were dealers cost us a new ECU:doh

I hope that helps?? I do agree with everyone else though its only money and you can't take it with you so go ahead get another bike you can always repent on your death bed:laugh

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for that Fragle, not sure book value will have anything to do with it mate, so many extras, there is easily 2500 in goodies if I broke it, someone will get a bargain but I guess it will have to be a TL connoisseur

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Dont be in a hurry, you'll get what you want. Just make sure to stick around here, whore it up & tell us all about it :)

I'm conflicted as to want I want from my next bike ... reliability of a BMW? Italian exotica? totally custom TL? Honda quality? ... man, I thought replacing the GSX-R was hard :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Johnny, Thats no worries I would have taken all your mods into account, I just need a base line to get started, But whoring the bike on here is your best option..... I would say £2800 is a very fair price for the bike:yes

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Go for it PJ.....those prillas are REALLY NICE..I think you could get 2500 for yours all day long with all the bits that are on it now.Its a strong running bike with sensible mods,wheels forks brakes exhaust system etc..I say go for it....

at the very least sell me your wheels so youve got a deposit for the rsv...

3 grand..thats only £100 a month for 3 yrs...ish.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Go for it PJ.....those prillas are REALLY NICE..I think you could get 2500 for yours all day long with all the bits that are on it now.Its a strong running bike with sensible mods,wheels forks brakes exhaust system etc..I say go for it....

at the very least sell me your wheels so youve got a deposit for the rsv...

3 grand..thats only £100 a month for 3 yrs...ish.
I'll give you £5 more than whatever he offers you for the wheels :laugh

and I'll do you a straight swap - my original headers plus a pristine pair of original cans for your exhaust system - can't say fairer than that :devious

·
Registered
3,725 Posts

:laugh

the slightest hint that you would get more if you parted the bike has got the vultures circling..... :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
:laugh

the slightest hint that you would get more if you parted the bike has got the vultures circling..... :laugh :laugh
No, you've got it all wrong....its mates wanting to help out a friend in need. If I can help John get the bike of his dreams then I'll do whatever I can (to pick the carcass clean) :laugh

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Tims a no morals goat fondling , turd punching , deal breaker......sell em to me..

only kidding tim / pj...I need my ' steel wheels' to keep it on the deck...

go for the new bike PJ ,Ive got to say it may look cool but is it better than the TLS... stupid question really...when are you getting it.

you could always trade UP to a TLR....ducks for cover....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts