TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I learned this yesterday :banghead.. Got up early sat morning, getting ready to ride off to daytona for biketoberfest.. I usually always sit on the bike when taking it off the lift.. well for some reason I did not.. I walked along the left side of the bike and rolled it off.. well when it got to the end of the lift, the bike kept rolling and I was not able to cover the front break leaver.. well I backed myself in to one of my Shop fans that I didnt realize was soo close to me.. and what do ya know.. the damn bike fell over on the right side.. causing a little damage It sounded REALLY bad when it happend.. it broke the damn mirror off..

Click for bigger pics..

After I nocticed that.. I was looking all over the bike for the scratches.. and I could not find one.. I was pissed.. but not super pissed.. then I looked on the ground and noticed the concreat was gouged up.. i was like HMM.. so I checked it out.. it only could have been the rear break lever.. it didnt look too bad.. so I pressed on it.. and WALA... Damn thing falls off.... the bikes whole weight never hit the ground because as it was falling I grabbed the left grip with all my might and held it like hell.. till my buddy rushed over to the right side and picked the bike up.. I think thats what save the body work from scratches.. but the damn rearset broke so easy...

Click for bigger pics..

I added it up.. its about 110.00 bucks worth of damage.. :laugh

So did this ruin my day of riding to daytona?

Hell no.. Who uses the rear break anywho?? :O

Some of my pics I took are here..

http://www.postwhore.biz/thumbnails.php?album=346

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Nice...I almost feel bad for you, but then...you have a lift and I don't, so I don't feel that bad. :laugh

Lucky that's all that was damaged.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I always walk mine on and off the lift, riding it isn't an option unless I have the extensions on it.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I've never ridden mine off the lift.

·
Registered
689 Posts
There must be something in the air with the 636's on the board, there dropping like flies, maybe the TL was a better bike.

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
Crotchrcttl,

Becareful with my bike man. You know I love that bike of your's. How do you expect me to buy it from you when you keep banging it around?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts