TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay since i am stuck on a budget at the moment I need to chunk the stock damper and SOAS for my TL, I know there are multiple kits available to do the swap I have my eye on the Bitubo kit but I do not have $600 to toss at it right now. I have used Fox shocks for years and they can be had for a fair price. Do any of members who have switched to the Bitubo units on the Tillis have the eye to eye measurement of the shock it self?

Jim

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I think if you're patient, you'll eventually get a deal on a used unit here on on EBAY. I oringinally had a Bitubo unit, sold it here and grabbed a used Penske from someone else here as well.
I'd sit back and simply wait rather than buy another shock you might not want in the end.
Ken

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replys, Fox shocks are damn good comparable to the Penske Units, Pre load, and twin clicker, IE dampening and compression, and for about $150 can be totally rebuilt by the factory.

Thank you for the measurment, I am trying to be patient but I do not like the notorious crack that is plagueing the rear mount. Mine is not the top mount problem. The crack I have is the lower mount which I think carries more of the load.

Jim

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Different story, I did not realize you had a frame issue to contend with.

Unfortunately I am not able to provide a riders impression about the Penske. Lost parts prevented me from riding my TLR at Beaverun in September and my season is over.

I did like the Bitubo, only complaint was that it was a bit of work for the suspension tuner to get it set correctly for my weight. I weigh 185 without gear, but the lack of adjustment range is one apparent difference between it and the triple clicker Penske I just installed.

The Penske will offer me more adjustment range and probably better feedback on the track. I will have to wait until Spring to say for sure.

The Bitubo IS a good alternative to the OEM unit for both weight savings and basic function. I did enjoy having it installed in my bike for sure. I just found a used Penske for the right price that came with the Lindemann link as part of the package.
Ken

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Just curious where you will be able to get a cheep fox shock? Even their little MTB shocks retail for as much as a bitubo:banghead

good luck

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I second the bitubo. I was quite happy with mine. Mine got me through a good number of trackdays nice and smoothly.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just curious where you will be able to get a cheep fox shock? Even their little MTB shocks retail for as much as a bitubo:banghead

good luck
I just bought one off of Ebay for $175.00 to my door, I will have to modify the lower bracket but it should work fine. I have the winter to get it on we'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts