TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah just almost , still the same TLS 98 I own since 4 years ago... but look the Renthal handlebar I fit it.... It makes me feel like I have a new bike. I love the Tuono look it has now.

Still need some details to finish the conversion , a set of bar ends , mirrors...

I took lot of pics during the job. I'll open a step by step thread and share with you guys soon.

At the moment this is an advance :)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By mistake I post the same twice...

Admins please delete one of the threads.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...looks good, can you post some side shots to give a full view?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the side view it doesn't look that good cos I the windscreen I cut was a double bubble. I have the original one so probably I'll cut it also...

Here are the pic BX

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks awsome:thumbup I've been thinking about doing the same to my TLS. Would love to hear how you find it affects the handling, comfort etc. My only real worry is that it will make long freeway rides sorta tiring....

have fun

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...your cuts look good and smooth:thumbup...what are you doing for mirrors now?

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
...your cuts look good and smooth:thumbup...what are you doing for mirrors now?

Probably the same as me .......

:dowhat :blush

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Nice work men, they both look great

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I tell you what, as i write this...phissed as a part at 00.456am on sunday morning havinc been dragged out for a birthday drink .... I luuuuuuurve my tillis :) during 5the evening we discussed poss ile replacements .... Benelli or Triumph 1050 speed tripple being the only real alternatives, If I can get the suspenders on the tillis sorted, I really cannot think of a bike that I would love more .......... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry if I copy the fairing style of your bike Moose.... I saw lot of mod fairing with the handlebar conversion, but by far yout set up is the best looking I found.... Anyway your bike looks :drool with the TLR swingarm and the carbon pipes:thumbup

I have not chance to ride the bike cos I lost my driving licence until next sunday. I'm on vacation and I use this time to repair things on the house and do some mods on the bike. I also fit a 800lbs rear spring from traxxion suspensions....

About the mirrors Bx, I bought those, still waiting to recive from my dealer. I've been looking for some good adaptors but I could'nt find it , so I probably do my own adaptors...

I'll post my impresions when I test it on the road :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Looks good. I like riding my bike so much more with the dirtbike bars. I do notice on the highway my neck gets a little tired bc i don't have a faring at all. but around town its a blast. and around town 2up is a lot better too, you don't have the passenger leaning on you so much...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Wow that looks really nice...I'm waiting on some parts to do my own. Don't know if I have the balls to go cutting up my fairing though. Decisions...decisions!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cut the fairings is mandatory if you go for this conversion, otherwise it will touch with the handlebar. I have to say that I was a bit scare (as you abn) cos you known, it is a non return mod, I also been thinking to cut or not for a long time. But the good advices of Tls-Moose help me to decide to do it, and I have to say it was easier that I expect...And the final result is awsone, I love it:) :) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts