TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomorrow is the big day for my baby, bike goes in for the PCIII and its custom map :)

I been planning this for ages, with this months bonus and selling my tomtom, i got the fund to pull it off. So come on you lot, what am i in for, am i gonna love it or just like the results. How long does it normally take, all i know for sure is that i need to have bike warmed up, and full tank of fuel before i go in :)

What kinda ball park figure should i exspect, i dont have a clue what hp she is now, so what you think it could be, and what kinda result when she roles out.

Also one thing i really like some help with is, i got a apple mac computer (no flaming me ok :p) How can i get the custom map from there dyno computer onto a USB stick so i can save the map.

Cheers

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So whats a standard tl work out, or one like mine with cans and bmc, so i get an idea of what extra i may get :)

I read some places that the tls 97 kicks around 120 but the 01 is only 110, is this true.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
don't get too wrapped up in final number, every damn dyno is different. what you want to work on is improvement from the time you come it till you leave.

couple hp I would expect.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Is the pc 111 any better than the pc 11? or is it just something like more capacity to hold maps :O

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Also one thing i really like some help with is, i got a apple mac computer (no flaming me ok :p) How can i get the custom map from there dyno computer onto a USB stick so i can save the map.
The map is stored in the PCIII, all the dyno operator can really give you that you wont have access to is a printout of your runs.

You'll need a windows machine with the DJ/PC software on it and download the map off the PCII for safe keeping, looking at etc.

Good luck :thumbup

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem is i got a mac, well not that its a problem :p Just i need to get the map from them, so they can save it or email it, as i not be able to connect the PCIII on my mac when i get home, so i not be able to backup the map. Which is what worries me.

Anyways, i better get my arse in gear, and get myself ready for a fun trip, got a 70 mile trip to shop, and then some time watching it all be done, may try to get some pict's of her on there :) If i remember from the excitment lol.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Get a friend with a real computer / laptop to back it up for you when you get home. Even if the shop emails it to you, you wont be abe to use it.

OR buy a 2nd hand cheap computer, put the PC software on it, the workshop manual PDF and leave it in the garage. :dunno

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Make sure they zero the ECU.It seems to be worth the effort....... I bowled up to the dealer last friday morning and they did it on the spot for $20/US$13/ £6 ...It seems to be running a little cleaner down low now (PCIII) .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts