TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took a few pics from a airshow here in Lincoln recently. I haven't been to an airshow in quite a few years. My dad and I used to go to Osh Kosh Wisconsin for the EAA fly in (huge show). I was impressed with the turn out. It was a pretty decent show. Here a few pics. The pics below are mainly WWII era, with one modern jet.

Guess what jet this is...should be fairly obvious to most enthusiasts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Being a former tanker... I hate that view of the A-10!:scared

Come to think of it, being Canadian and due to recent events I'm not happy with at one particular A-10 pilot.

That said, they are impressive aircraft.

Oh, and great pics!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup yup, the Warthog!

No click for big uns? I wanted to check out the safety wiring on that cannon! :laugh

·
14,150 Posts
True, and if they fired enough rounds it could theoretically stop the plane in mid air.

True on the rounds too.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Awsome pics:thumbup

Yep, depleated uranium bullets. I asked a friend who was an A-10 pilot in the first gulf war and he said that firing the gun does indeed reduce airspeed and if ya shoot too much for too long will stall the plane even with full thrust!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dread said:
they say that the warthogs cannon is so powerful, that when fired it actually reduces the planes airspeed. and werent they outfitted with depleted uranium rounds for that gun?
Yep, makes the rounds nice and heavy. Good for penetrating armor, like tanks.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Dread said:
they say that the warthogs cannon is so powerful, that when fired it actually reduces the planes airspeed. and werent they outfitted with depleted uranium rounds for that gun?
They've also got frangible rounds for it (so I hear) that make it uber-deadly for less heavily armoured vehicles.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
voodootwin said:
Wow Chad, you got some awesome exposures what kind of camera ya got?
Thanks. As for the camera it's nothing too fancy. I have a Kodak DX6490 digital. It does the job for me. My biggest complaint is the cycle time between exposures...it's long and quite annoying. Other than that I like the camera just fine. I'm actually looking at a smaller camera for my wife. Something that fits easily in her purse. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a cannon SD600 for her birthday.

·
14,150 Posts
Do it. I have the SD400 and I love it. I've beat that camera up and it won't die. I took it snowboarding and fell on it repeatedly, I'm a noob snowboarder, and I even transferred it to an outside pocket where I wouldn't fall on it and due to the extreme temperatures it froze and wouldn't power up. A little thawing back at the lodge while I sipped on a cold beer and the camera came back to life.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Love the pic's Chad :hail That Liberator looks great!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
nice thats looks cool never been to one.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Gotta love those old bombers! :hail

1 - 14 of 14 Posts