TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 TLR is mechanically stock except for Yoshi bolt ons and K N filter. I am interested in doing the airbox mod but due to being layed off from work the money for a power commander is not in the cards. Can I still do the airbox mod and not remap it right away or will it cause the bike to go into a lean condition that could be damaging to the bike? I recently had the tbs synced and that made a nice difference. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
It will run leaner, thogh it didn't seem to hurt mine - I ran with the same set-up for a coupla weeks before I borrowed a Yoshi box. 3 months after that I found a PCII at a price I couldn't refuse; It was simple to re-set the ECU and install the PC.

Why dont you get it flashed with a yoshi-box - PM chuck, he was offering to flash them - you just have to post him your ECU.

Then if you decide to get a PC later, you can re-set the ECU - with the Y.box - and then install the PC. Some are so happy with the Y.box results they don't bother with the PC...

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yes, definately do the box mod. It'll be fine till a reflash or new PC. I noticed a huge difference when I did mine. I still have some tinkering to do with the PC. Though the tinkering NEVER ends.

·
Registered
593 Posts
nice TLR...its an easy mod to do...you wont have any problems with it...let us know how you like the difference...good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.