TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still considering the air box mod to remove the actuators.

have just fitted the TRE so that's fixed one thing. :)

I have noticed loads of people list the airbox mod on their sigs, does it really help that much? or did you do it then think, why did I even bother?!

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
its gota help cuz the air flow is beta the induction noise is loader ive done the airbox yoshi cans a denso competition use e.c.u and and a 1/5 turn throttle and i wont to do more but dont know wot else to do.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
If you fit a TRE and do the A/box mod' then the only way you will see any benefit is by getting the 'bike custom-mapped :)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Do you have a Powercommander fitted too :O

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you fit a TRE and do the A/box mod' then the only way you will see any benefit is by getting the 'bike custom-mapped :)
Air Box Mods, K&N, PLUS Mod, TRE, Arrow Tapered Headers/ Quill EVO2's. Balanced TB's. Yosh Box Set up & Balanced Injectors on Quill Dyno.

Pulls Cleanly from 2k revs, with turbine like power!!:)

No Power commander Required!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the thing is fast enough I think anyway.

Cant be bothered to start spending £100's on power commanders and mapping each time I chop the air box up on the bike etc for an extra 1-2bhp

think the best mod I have done is fit the new 016 battleaxe triple compound tires! :D

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
unless your going for lots of top end power I'd leave it . .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
322 Posts
Spend your money on suspension mods, i once got told (about a car) that a good suspension and brake package can be like a 20bhp increase, its ok if you can go fast but not so good if it cant stop and go round corners very well.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Air Box Mods, K&N, PLUS Mod, TRE, Arrow Tapered Headers/ Quill EVO2's. Balanced TB's. Yosh Box Set up & Balanced Injectors on Quill Dyno.

Pulls Cleanly from 2k revs, with turbine like power!!:)

No Power commander Required!!!

all that and your only touching 114 bhp!!!!

i had mine on a dyno standard showing 114 done + mod opened airbox race cans and power commander just need to get it all set up i will be interested to see the difference!!!

strange how two engines the same can produce different power :O

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not really mate, happens all the time in both cars and bikes, normally down to the finishing quality of the parts and who assembled the engines on the day.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
i agree on the suspension and brakes...spend your money on rideability first and then if your not happy tinker.... :)

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
just thought i'd add...some show bhp at the flywheel and others at the wheel...this makes a difference..and it doesnt always say which it is..can be very confusing

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i agree on the suspension and brakes...spend your money on rideability first and then if your not happy tinker.... :)
totally, i'm lucky in that mine came with the ohlins rear shock and ohlins steering damper already set to roughly my weight, feels damn good! :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
cheapest way to play with the power is to change the gearing. it wont increase/decrease the power output but it will effect the torque output and how and where the across the rev range the power it applied.......
-1 on the front +2 on the rear makes a whole loada difference and makes the bike more usable on twisty roads.

front cog £7-£10
rear cog £20-£30

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.