TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I did the Joe V. airbox mod. It was very easy and quick to complete and was it worth it???
---Holy Freaking Smokes, Son of a Biatch...What a difference. If you havent done this mod, you need to do it today. The bike has a noticable invrease in power. 1st gear, the bike come up too easy. second and third gear, the front wheel is very light. It loves to spin the 190 dunlop 208 even after its warmed up.
- I'm sure that the 5 10 5 remap helped alot as far as haveing the proper fuel sorted out.

Next "mod" ...TB balance.... I only get 78-8o miles befor the fuel light comes on.
But the airbox mod is definately the shit.
Get it done.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Now you need to get the makbox so you can remap your ecu again to take full advantage of this mod. :coocoo

Or just get a PCII or PCIII and load appropriate maps...or get a custom map. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that the +5+10+ 5 is the right setting on the yosh box for the airbox mod w/K&N +full exhaust. I guess the pc2/3 would be better.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
gixxerjasen said:
Now you need to get the makbox so you can remap your ecu again to take full advantage of this mod. :coocoo

Or just get a PCII or PCIII and load appropriate maps...or get a custom map. :)
Why, when he has a Yosh box?

Another thing to try... :devious

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BurnCycle said:
Why, when he has a Yosh box?

Another thing to try... :devious

:) I did that last night while my friend was trimming up my baseplate. I m still not really sure of the benifit of removing the actuators but I did it anyway.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Hey, I pulled my air box the other day to get to the sticky speed changer (choke) cable... some of the foam that seals the airbox around the frame pass throughs was stuck to the frame and tore a bit. You guys just replace that with weather stripping?

if you don't seal the air box at the frame pass throughs I would think some of the "ram air" effect would be lost.

I got an air box of Egay and will be doing the JoeV to it this winter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think I have any foam...I wonder if I can order it up or if it only comes if I order new ram air t00bs.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i ordered the foam pieces and stuck them right back on the box. they get beat up after a while of taking the box off. they were super cheap anyway. you will probably need some brake cleaner to get the old stuff off.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Rifleman said:
some of the foam that seals the airbox around the frame pass throughs was stuck to the frame and tore a bit. You guys just replace that with weather stripping?
Yep, new weather stripping...

Then cut to match the flow path...

:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very resourceful!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.