TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the pair valve yesterday and when reinstalling the air box, I can'’t figure out what hose connects next to this green sensor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
image_29291.jpg image_29292.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I may have better shots if you can't figure it out with these. I'll have to hunt for them. I swear this damn iPhone deleted half of them. I know for certain I took nearly a dozen shots of just the pair valve (with hoses) at multiple angles.

The hose in particular that you're asking about is shaped like a question mark.

IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG

Reactions: keaton

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Here you go. It's the hose coming off the front of the pair valve that goes to the Air Box.

IMG_0985.JPG

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Keaton, The hose spigot you are questioning belongs to the PAIR system, as Josh's photos clearly reveal. Since you removed the PAIR valve, that air box port next to the Air Temp Sensor can simply be capped.

TLR 9-5_PAIR Valve.jpg

:ytiller

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Ahhh... I see the confusion. He's removing his pair valve. Tony to the rescue :thumbup

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have better shots if you can't figure it out with these. I'll have to hunt for them. I swear this damn iPhone deleted half of them. I know for certain I took nearly a dozen shots of just the pair valve (with hoses) at multiple angles.

The hose in particular that you're asking about is shaped like a question mark.

View attachment 59752
View attachment 59754
View attachment 59756
View attachment 59758
Josh-much appreciated and thank you for the detailed photos! I was going nuts there for a minute and now I can put the tank back on without worrying about it leaking in the garage lol. Again- thank you my friend

Keaton, The hose spigot you are questioning belongs to the PAIR system, as Josh's photos clearly reveal. Since you removed the PAIR valve, that air box port next to the Air Temp Sensor can simply be capped.

View attachment 59764

:ytiller
Six5, thank you as well. I will find something like I did marble mod on the airbox on my Busa. Hopefully I can find something at Lowe’s or Home Depot. If not, I’ll just seal it with some sort of hardner. Thank you both for chiming in for the help. This place still rocks I see:)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Soooooo lol- according to this diagram, everything in red I’m suppose to delete meaning the lines, vacuum chamber solenoid valve and the VTV...? Making sure I got everything removed before getting its proper tune with the Yosh box.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Good question. What do the different color codes represent?

Is the Air Box modification a requirement for Pair Valve removal? Seems counterintuitive to just leave the diaphragms and flaps in place.

NOTE: Don't forget to cap the Pair Valve port on the Throttle Bodies.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good question. What do the different color codes represent?

Is the Air Box modification a requirement for Pair Valve removal? Seems counterintuitive to just leave the diaphragms and flaps in place.

NOTE: Don't forget to cap the Pair Valve port on the Throttle Bodies.
Where I got this diagram from is very vague. I’m guessing it’s showing where the other vacuums are going so you don’t remove them and just remove the red but what I don’t understand is why cap off the vacuum solenoid if you’re not using it? Why not remove the component completely along with the vacuum canister. I know you have to leave one canister for the throttle position sensor....

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
... why cap off the vacuum solenoid if you’re not using it? Why not remove the component completely along with the vacuum canister...

Honestly can't say. I opted to leave my Pair Valve and Air Box intact, so never really bothered investigating the removal process. I'm not a reliable source for you on this. I'm literally learning about it along side you.

I did confirm that you need to perform the Air Box Mod though. I'm still digging around for information, but maybe this can help you....

http://tlmods.com/PV_remove/PV_removal.aspx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts