Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help tell me which two hoses go on the airbox here:

514A8259.JPG

I guess one is the PCV here:

514A8260.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
Yes, that hose connects to the rear hole, needs a spring clip on it, it is the engine breather.
The hole nearer the front of the airbox is for a drain tube with a cap on it, about 6 inches long.
Items 7, 8 and 9 on this page.

Reactions: TOOKA

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that's exactly what I needed, do you know what the drain tube is for as the manual I have references removing the small plastic cover to drain any water from the airbox

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
There are 2 "drain" points on the airbox. They usually get gummed up with engine oil from the engine breather pipe.
One is the one we are talking about, once a year, usually when I am checking the bike over for the MOT I remove the cap and clean it out.
The other is right at the front of the airbox. I do the same to that even though it is just a cap. You will often find oil in the airbox, I just wipe it out as I find it and also before I clean out the drains.
You can lessen the oil quantity by putting a restrictor into the oil breather pipe from the oil separator box to the airbox. I use a tight fitting short piece of hose about an inch long tucked about an inch or two inside the top of the breather pipe before it goes onto the airbox.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfefct thank you for that, I did indeed find a very oily airbox and have cleaned this out. I've knocked up a new drain hose now and had it running with an exhaust - a lot louder still than I thought it would be but sounds cool :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts