TLZone Forums banner

Air or Quick shift

Tags
quick shift
2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  keepup 
#1 ·
Which is better an air shifter or quick shifter for the TLR. I have searched but really havent seen a clear answer and the only difference I can tell one you shift with a button and the other uses the foot clucth only and not the hand lever and I also heard you might have to purchase an ingintion mode for the quick shifter also.

#4 ·
Myself and Stu have been using quickshifters on the TL for a combined total of 15 years :laugh

As long as they are setup with a reasonable delay time there is no problems with gearbox damage.

The airshifters however are pretty brutal and only suitable for drag racing where the riders feet aren't on the pegs for the first change.

If you have a PCIII then the Dynojet Quickshifter just plugs straight in to it, if not you can buy control box's or use a complete translogic setup :thumbup

#7 ·
Forgot to include this pic, this is what airshifters do if the stroke isn't quite setup correct :laugh

#10 · (Edited)
+1 what doug , TLexup & les said go for the Translogic setup :thumbup
i had one on the SP1 (RC-51)
i'd like one on the Tls & KTM now

on the same topic
i seen a few years ago a quickshift setup for dirt bikes. it was very compact item specially for offroad MX & ENDURO etc.
anyone know of them :O a link to the site or name :O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.