TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after some light wheel for my S.

Does anyone no of any club racing sites that have forsale boards to scroll through? Or links to other used parts sites where I could pick up a bargin? I'm looking into a few mods over the winter wheels, exhausts and paint job and maybe whatever else I can get in before the posing weather returns.

:confused :O

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You guys are like buses. I had those wheels in my garage for ages, and now 3 of you come along...

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
very light wheels are expensive. i paid $1600 for a set of used carbon wheels. the rear was 6 lbs lighter than stock. the cz wheels will save you less than a lb over stock. i had a set for a while. they do look very nice.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
the lighter wheels on mine are probably the best mod i ever did turns soo much better now :)

i got a couple of guys i know how used to race gixxers so will see if they got anything laying around for ya

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the lighter wheels on mine are probably the best mod i ever did turns soo much better now :)

i got a couple of guys i know how used to race gixxers so will see if they got anything laying around for ya

cheaper the better nice one billy

·
Registered
637 Posts
Si!!!!!!.......Et!!!!!!!......speakeeeeeee!!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
get the black stage ones from Speedking.

I still think the lindeman fork work I had done is the best single upgrade, the wheels are a close second.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I will be going to the motorcycle trade expo 14th - 16th Jan. Bound to be some new stuff or old stuff they are trying to shift. If I find anything I will post up.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
was at a mates yesterday and he the jammy bastard bought
a rear dymatic (if that spelling ok) for his turbo r1 of ebay for
120 notes and new there 1200...looks the bollocks and lighter
then stardard...shows what you can get if you look..

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
I'm after some light wheel for my S.
As I'm sure you know already, light and cheap are not two words that exist in the same description to aftermarket wheels.

:rant

You can lose a little weight for a little investment with '04-'05 GSXR1K used wheels, then buy a set front axle spacers from Vandriver ($26 plus shipping). These wheels are a bit lighter than TL wheels and assuming you get all the rear spacers & cush drive, a pretty straightforward bolt up with the spacers from Van. You should be able to find a used set of wheels for $350-$600 and lose 2-3 lbs overall off a stock TL wheelset.

I've got a few sets of closeout wheels for sale, but honestly, none of them will give you anymore bang for the buck in the performance department than a used set of newer Gixxer wheels will, other than looks.

I do have a deal on a set of aftermarket wheels that might work for you. They were a returned set of '06 Carrozzeria black anodized V6s which sold for $1380. The ano on the rear hub is slightly thin and not perfect. It's a cosmetic issue not a structural one. The ano has been touched up but it isn't perfect. The touched up area can't be seen once the wheels are mounted anyway since the cush drive, sprocket, and rear rotor make this area hard to see. The wheels are considerably lighter than stock TL wheels saving you 5.2 lbs total. The weight savings is VERY noticable over stock wheels and probably the best bang for the buck upgrade if you want better handling and performance (I'd vote second for the rear shock upgrade then the front forks).

Stock TL wheel weight....
Weight: front: 10.28 lbs.; rear: 16.80 lbs.

'06 CZ V6 wheels for TL
Weight: front: 8.1 lbs.; rear: 13.8 lbs

I can sell the set for $900 USD plus shipping. Add $55 USD for a new rear sprocket. Wheels come with bearings, cushdrive, and spacers. All you need is a rear sprocket (unless you buy one from me) and your tires, rotors, and rotor bolts.

The wheels have approximately 8 months left on their 1 year warranty. I can transfer the warranty.

--Sk

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
What ball park would shipping be to the UK?
I can ship them via USPS for $185 with $900 in insurance. I can also ship them UPS for $285-$315 depending on your zip code in the UK. UPS offers tracking and insurance for their prices. Shipping time is about the same either way.

All prices are in $USD.

--Sk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts