TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've hooked up a KOSO DBR01 to my TL, got everything on the bike figured out except the fuel reader. looks like a kind use the fuel gauge because of the sender, or lack there of. whatever. So i guess my only option at this point is to hook up some aftermarket fuel indicator light. anyone do this to their TL? any guidance on that?.

Electronics Electronic device Technology Gadget Wire

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
looks like a kind use the fuel gauge because of the sender, or lack there of
what language is this written in?

·
Registered
354 Posts
you can't use the koso's gauge, what you can use is a simple light.

i did a write-up on it in a couple of topics.. try to use the search function

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
If you knew the resistance range you could have a circuit made that supplied the correct signal to give you a full display till it got to the flashing point then it gave a 1/4 reading and hard on light gave an empty reading

someone may have the ability to do that here

·
Registered
354 Posts
the tl tank-gauge is not working with value's, its either on or off..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so it just pops on when im running out? or stark empty?. i purchased my TL wrecked and had to rebuild it like this so i dont know what the bikes normal operation is. when it pops on i assume i have a certain amount of miles to get to a filling station.

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
a simpler idea would be to make a float on a beaded chain and suspended from the filler cap with some sort of coil spring mechanism.and rotary encoder..........

early aftermarket devices with analogue dials in the cap were common 30 yrs ago

·
Super Moderator
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,754 Posts
...I talked to Koso, they said a ninja 250 fuel sender is compatible with their system, ......
it also has a fuel outlet built in by the looks. so im not sure what to do.

The Ninja 250 fuel sender appears to be a float activated switch. If it is, why couldn't the TL's fuel level sender be modified to send a similar signal? Or is there more to the Ninja sender than meets the eye?
:O

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
the ninja is probably like a car with a variable resistor on the end of the stick

getting something like this to travel a nice arc betwee empty and full would be a challenge on a tl.

easy on a tank designed for the task

but the TL has the fuel pump assy filling the lowest point and this is also shrouded by the surge baffle.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
BMW cars have a float that travels up and down between two vertical bars.
Wonder if there is room for that in there?
Wouldn't be easy ,but would be better than try to fit an arcing arm in there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts