TLZone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one ever bought a aftermarket fairing ?? the ones from china off ebay ? iam in the process of rebuilding my tl, i have seen these fairings on ebay,, but dont know of anyone who has got one ? i hear the bellypan can melt, if anyone has used one could you give me some feedback on how good or bad they are,,many thanks...

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
there has been much discussion about the chinese fairings over on the tlplanet, if you're 100% realistic of your expectations,and dont expect them to fit as easily as factory parts then you will be happy with them,if you take the time to make them fit,for an old bike like a tlr they are produced in a diferent way to say a new R1, but if you are realistic you can get them to fit quite well,and for the price they are a good option for anyone on a budget,but be prepared to work at getting ALL the pannels to fit

Reactions: V2victim

·
Registered
115 Posts
From the look of Gorfinders lowers I would spend the extra money. Stunning!

Why spend half as much on something not a quarter as good?

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Gaz you should be on one of them diy programs i love the way your so articulate :)

do you like my lowers by the way ? :) :)
articulate!!!!! you've met me, i bored myself reading it back

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
often wondered what the sharkskinz looked like

i'll pass on them

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
:) compared to some people your a poet mate :)

not keen on the sharkskinz but i can appreciate that others are. :)
i fancy some of the official lowers,but for now i'll have to make do with the things i've got and try and get a colour match

·
Registered
115 Posts
And Snake...... those sharkskins look awesome imo , they really suit the TLS . nice work
Agreed. The Sharkskinz are the best for TLS I think, but they cost too much to import and I haven't seen any black lowers for sale... sigh...

Reactions: Ctsquid

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has any one ever bought a aftermarket fairing ?? the ones from china off ebay ? iam in the process of rebuilding my tl, i have seen these fairings on ebay,, but dont know of anyone who has got one ? i hear the bellypan can melt, if anyone has used one could you give me some feedback on how good or bad they are,,many thanks...

I accidentally ordered from Usa (a place in china) they took 5 months to show up. They fit, but not perfect. The belly pan melted where it touches the pipes on the right side. I imagine you could mold them w a heat gun. Or just cut out the part that melts. I'd say have Patience, save up the extra $100 or so and find some good ones. I. Looking for a track style nose so I can cut my own custom headlights Into it. Hope this helps a little. Good luck bud!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts