TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone thought about installing an aftermarket clock on the tlr? if you have, where'd you get it and how does it look?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was riding to work this morning from the girlfriends house (1.25 hours away). It would have been nice to have a clock. My VFR has one, very helpful.

+1 on the topic, i'm interested.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I mounted one to my wrist, works fabulous and I can take it off whenever necessary;-)

My mountain bike computer that I have mounted to my TLR has a clock on it as well

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same here. i'm on a mission. i'm going to hit every auto parts store in town today to see what they have.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I have a Sigma BC 1606. It's speed is calibrated much better than the OEM speedo, has a backlight as well as many other useful functions...including displaying time. Sticks to the triple clamp and cost 30 dollars or less.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Are you talking about a clock as in what you tell time with, or are you talking about a clock as in what some folks in some countries refer to as the guages?

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
With the Sigma BC 1606 how do you calibrate the speed? doesn't it go by the size of the bicycle wheel?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
With the Sigma BC 1606 how do you calibrate the speed? doesn't it go by the size of the bicycle wheel?
of course it does, so you put in the correct size of the tire...it doesn't know it's on a motorcycle instead of a bicycle, it simply knows the size of the wheel.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, not speedometer... a clock. chronometer. time telling device.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup, all you have to do is measure the circumfrence of the tire and enter it into the calibration screen on your bicycle computer and your good. Side note...DO NOT buy the sweet wireless ones. Myself and many others have had troubles with the signals not reaching the display due to electrical interference from the bike that a bicycle does not have.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just strapped a watch to the top triple. Works just fine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
what is that and how do you have it mounted? more pics?

This is an older Sigma, BC 1400, glued with epoxy on the left handlebar of the bike.
It takes signal from the front wheel (already described by others above) through a small magnet and it is much more than just a clock, as it has features of speed, maxspeed, average speed, clock, total time of riding and some other very usefull ones.

(OK OK .. I have removed the zip ties......)
This is the sensor on the right fork and the magnet is on the rotor.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
back from the dead, i have a bicycle guage like a few of you guys, how do you mount the maganet on the wheel?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
back from the dead, i have a bicycle guage like a few of you guys, how do you mount the maganet on the wheel?
I have replaced the original cylindric magnet with a small round one like a shirt button.
With a drop of epoxic glue it is located on the rotor just opposite to the sensor you see on the pic....
Works fine and you can't see easily the magnet as it is exactly between the rotor bolts and close to the fork.....

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,420 Posts
Any cycle shop sells them, only problem is you still need your orgional clocks etc for the MOT as when the battery runs out your Milage goes back to zero.

Damn and I was hoping this thread was for aftermarket instrument clusters :banghead

·
Registered
52 Posts
I mounted a cheapo £1.99 LIDL bicycle speedo to my old Bandit 600 - sadly the vibrations kept resetting the time, until it just packed up completely within 60 miles. Doh!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts