TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all :)

I want to replace the rotten bolts on my front a rear calipers (the bolts that hold them to the bike). Is it safe to use stainless or do I need titanium?

Also where can I get a carbon front mudguard that's the same quality/weave as my rear Pyramid hugger?

Many Thanks.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
The OEM parts are not Titanium
If you want Ti ones I would look somewhere like Tasty Nuts, if you are going for stainless I would buy high tensile or preferably Suzuki ones, I want to know that when I squeez that lever my bike is gonna stop, it isn't worth the agro or the worry getting cheap softer alternatives IMO

As for the mud guard have you tried Pyramid:O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think OEM is SS. At least, mine haven't gone rusty after many years of year round commuting and storing the bike outside:O

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Go to tastynuts and check stuff out.

Some jackass stole my top triple clamp nut and one of my preload adjusters last week for SOME damn reason (though apparently the TLS uses a different pitch than any other suzuki). I think he was probably after the triple clamp, but realized my steering damper connects the clip ons to the triple clamp and the mount is a pain to get off, and eventually gave up.

anyway, I went to tastynuts and did some orderin, including some completely useless, expensive titanium bolts.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've had A2 grade stainless bolts (supplied by Inox Fasteners) holding my calipers on for the last 3 years with no issues. I am more than confident in them.

The original caliper bolts are high tensile steel. The A2 bolts have a reduced tensile strenght in comparison but their sheer strength (which is important for conventional caliper bolts) is about the same. There might, however, be an issue if you fit radial calipers!

It's all pretty academic when you consider the (poor) quality of the alloy they are bolted into. What's going to fail first?

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
I ordered original spec' bolts thru' Robinsons................cheap too, so just replace 'em when they get dirty :laugh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts