TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

i`m looking to get a sleeping partner for the tl and after doing a little searching i`ve decided to go for a zx10r kwak.

one reason is that its got the same rep has the tl`s has being abit ferocious
when it wants to be has anyone got one, knows someone whos got one or encountered one in anyway.

im booked in to have a test ride but apart from that im`m stumped.

cheers

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
there are plenty of people on here that went form a TL to a ZX10 and seem to love the power and hate everything else about it.. i mean it handles better then the TL and its TONS faster but everything else about it is crappy, specially the tranny, very clanky. but since ur keeping the TL u shouldnt worry too much. I almost got an 06 ZX10R black with the flames edition and back out the last second..
what year is the ZX that ur looking at..?

Ash

·
Registered
20 Posts
My buddy has one, let me ride it a few times. First time on it almost droped it pullin it off the kickstand.:banghead Big weight difference from the TL. Front end comes up real easy. Gettin on it in first and second is almost impossible to keep the front wheel down. He has a PC and K&N on it
When we are gettin on it on the interstate he walks away from me. I've never ridin it hard in the twisties so not sure how well it handles compared to the TL. My friend seems to like it, it's the only bike he's kept for more than one riding season.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chraika1 the year i`m after is the 2004 this is when they first came out i think and these are suppose to be the nuttiest

i agree with you mistle toe when i went to look at one at my local dealer i was amazed by the lack of weight then climbing back on to the tl makes you realise whats between youre legs when riding the tl.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I'd get something different if you are keeping the TL. The ZX is cool, but its really very similar to the TL and their intended uses seem like they'd be the same (unless one's going to be a track bike or something). I would get something that would open up a new type of riding - dirt bike, dual sport, sport-standard, touring bike that sort of thing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers bikepilot

for the ideas on going down an alternative route on riding.

you must be psychic got a call this morning some of my bike buds are looking to do abit of touring round europe and i think this might be uncomfortable on a sports bike being over 6ft might not make it pleasurable.

after doing some searches, reading reviews etc i`m stopping with suzuki and going to view a busa this weekend instead of taking the zx out for a test ride.

cheers

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,420 Posts
I keep leaning towards the GS1200.............Am I getting old :confused

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yes, I think that must be it:laugh

Check out the new guzzi stelvio all-arounder, said to be a bit more entertaining than the GS1200:deal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.