TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

As most of you know, I'm trying to sell my TL. There's a new member who's interested in it but I think he lives in FL. Since I'm in PA I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions on what's the best, cheapest, and easiest way to ship a bike that distance.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
+1 for Forward Air
Picked up my TZ250 from Indianapolis overnight that way about a week ago. Cost $485 from Indy to NYC .
The containers are small, you'll need the largest one, also need wratcheting straps and 2 padlocks to close the container
Ken

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just spent about an hour on uship checking it out. It's an ebay type company and a nice concept. My only concern is the guy picking up your bike and actually delivering it. Hate to lose my bike for the sake of saving a few bucks. Most of the ones I saw were charging at least 550 to 600 from PA to FL anyway.

Forward air is 541.00 or 478.00 depending on the drop off point and in a secured steel container with I believe a 2 day turnaround. BTW will a TLR fit inside a 98"L x 44.6"W x 47.6"H container. Length and width don't appear to be a problem but the height I'm not sure of.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The height will be close but it should fit.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
So it looks like its really time for it to go? :O sad.. but whats next on the list? 600 for the track? :) possibly buying someones old gixer and putting a little TLC back into her?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it looks like its really time for it to go? :O sad.. but whats next on the list? 600 for the track? :) possibly buying someones old gixer and putting a little TLC back into her?
Yup, so if you know where I could score a good deal on a good track bike let me know.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Tell the guy to buy a one way plane ticket and ride it! That's what I'd do anyway:D

Plane ticket should be <150, the ride could be done in a day if in a hurry, but two days would be more fun:banana

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well if it was me I would come & get it.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
871 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts