TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I maybe moving to Holland and would like to know if my number plate would have to be changed to a Dutch reg plate.:banghead
Also i have classic bikes (OVER 30 years old) would they have to lose their number plates too?:banghead

Thank you Kenny

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your home will be in Holland only, then I guess you have to import your vehicles.
In Holland the 'rdw' is the authority you have to contact for importing vehicles. See http://www.rdw.nl/nl/particulier/internationalvisitor/Pages/default.aspx (In English).

And yes, if you import all your vehicles, you have to change to Dutch plates.

groet, tlh
Thank you for replying :hail

We are moving to the Netherlands in August this year its all sort of coming together now,
We may have a House in Grave with a Garage :hail

Its all still in the planning stage so it is developing a bit more each day:laugh

How are the Dutch Politie with modified bikes:O

I wont be in time for Assen this year but it will still be summer.:devious

I am trying to learn some more Dutch before i go(not easy):laugh

My wife is Dutch so she is helping:hail

groet, kenny

·
Registered
264 Posts
Grave is not to bad, I live in Arnhem, about 30-40 kms north from Grave.

There is no such thing as a MOT for bikes in Holland. The cops are relative easy with bikes, unless you ask for attention.
Even loud pipes are no issues, except when visiting the WSB or TT.

Join the Dutch TL site, www.tl1000.nl
Good for your Dutch (probably), get in contact with Dutch TL riders and address all issues you have with importing your bikes.

groet, tlh

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WoW Thank you

Just had a look and will investigate later :hail

I have been to Arnhem it is very nice, looking at the RDW is the only one in Lelystad :O

How much do you pay for insuring your TL?:devious

·
Registered
264 Posts
There is an RDW in Arnhem also. They check imports as well.
Insuring in Holland for bikes depends on retail price, area you live, age, type of bike, type of insurrance you like and your claiming history. Basically like in the U.K. I guess. Except we don't do points on the license if you have your license for more than 3 yrs or you are older than 21 yrs.

My TL is insured third party and theft, I live in Arnhem, I am 43, no claims for the past 12 yrs, pay about 130 euro/ yr.
And I am pretty sure that I am not with the cheapest insurer.
Road tax is about 60 euro's/ yr. for a bike.
There is no MOT for bikes.

groet, tlh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts