TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear all the time from different people on here that the TLR is faster in the TLS.....

When I see the 97 sport twin shootout the TLS runs at 10.53 at something like 133mph.....When I look at the 98 version of the TLS it is considerably slower. Is this true or was the 97's performance numbers boosted to better than actual?

Then upon looking at the 98 TLR it didnt seem to outrun the 97 TLS, granted it is close but the 97 TLS still edges out the 98 TLR.

What are some actual times of STOCK bikes that you guys have ran? TLR and TLS if possible.

I would run mine at the track but it takes almost 2 hours (driving speed limit) just to get there.

Thank!!!

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I hear all the time from different people on here that the TLR is faster in the TLS.....

When I see the 97 sport twin shootout the TLS runs at 10.53 at something like 133mph.....When I look at the 98 version of the TLS it is considerably slower. Is this true or was the 97's performance numbers boosted to better than actual?

Then upon looking at the 98 TLR it didnt seem to outrun the 97 TLS, granted it is close but the 97 TLS still edges out the 98 TLR.

What are some actual times of STOCK bikes that you guys have ran? TLR and TLS if possible.

I would run mine at the track but it takes almost 2 hours (driving speed limit) just to get there.

Thank!!!
Ok, waiting for the TLR cry babies to start chiming in about this post. :slaptlr :laugh

·
Registered
435 Posts
first time at the track my best was 11.23 @124

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think you'll find the TLS has a slightly better bottom end than the TLR and is fractionally lighter,whilst the TLR has a better top end due to its twin injectors.

So,over the 1/4 mile,a TLS might get off the line better and may post better times than a TLR would(rider depending).It would be close though.

You'd probably find around a racetrack that a TLR would end up pulling away from a TLS,due to its better top end(again rider depending)

I haven't run the quarter,so don't have any times for you.Sorry,mate.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well i've got no expertise,expierence or buissness on the matter just using my severe bias i'll say the 97 TL1000s in dark green:devious

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, this is not to bash the R, just to get some actual data.

I agree that all is rider depending, so possibly we could get 2 bikes wtih 2 riders and have each one of them run both bikes at the drag track to see what type of numbers both people can post with both bikes.

Again this is not a post to bash the TLR, I want to ride one pretty bad but alas there are none in my area.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
heres some data for you. :)

the 97 is faster than the TLRs... :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I take it the 97S was in the left lane both times?

Well I own a 97S so this is worth reviewing again, but I still want to ride a TLR, dont care what year, as well I want to ride a 98 and up S to see the differences.

Thanks for the data N2wheelies!!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
N2 :slaptlr :spit

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fantastic! I am thinking of going a little bigger on the rear sprocket just to give me an even bigger grin factor....:)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
The TLS clutch is probably easier to launch consistently (cable vs. hydro) too. I have personally never ridden an R though. O:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts