TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my TL family. This past Tuesday I had a terrible accident. I did a stupid thing and i know I shouldn't of done:coocoo it but I did. I was passing a few cars, I was doing about 50 mph and all of a sudden the front car decided to turn left. I tried to avoid hitting the car but it was to late I caught it on the left side. The impact sent me flying about 15 to 20 feet, I flipped a couple of times and roled a lot, hurtting like crazy but I was blessed enough to get up and walk away with a twisted big toe and a scrapped and brused knee. The point of this story is I had my leather Joe Rocket on, the jacket with all of the pads and the hump on the back. If not for that jacket I would have definitely been out of commision and in the hospital or even worse.... To all of you riders who think its to hot to wear a jacket or not cool or for any other reason do yourself a favor and invest in a padded leather it will save a lot of pain.

My TL is repairable and I will be back riddin, give me a couple of months.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but I live in the Caribbean and it gets freakin hotttt!!!!!! And because of the heat there are days that wearing gear just isn't to comfortable but I do and I am glad that I did.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:doh glad you aren't too torn up. I always wear full gear (MC boots, full suit, gloves etc), its saved my hide more than once.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
glad to hear you're alright :thumbup

now get that beast back together already!

I've got a set of wheels if ya need them :devious

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
it gets kinda tosty here too, but got to love that armored gear.

good to hear you are in one piece, could have been worse, much worse.

save the busted bits, as always I'll get you back rolling if I can help, and the levers and pedals, and clutch cover are worth something so don't bin them straight away.

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Good reminder. Like I always tell the kids, "Sweat wipes off."

·
Registered
608 Posts
BEEN THERE AND U COULD HAVE BEEN IN SHOES GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
358 Posts
LiononaLeash said:
agreed. Personally I think gear looks cool anyway, but that isn't why I wear it.

:confused WTF?? Thats why I wear gear.. :O I'm a Track guy wannabe.. but no in all seriousness, who cares why you wear it as long as you wear it.. Reminds me i didn't hit the seacoast at all this year WTF..:dowhat

·
Registered
618 Posts
Glad your OK....gear is cheap compared to Skin and Bones!

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Good to hear you're okay. :thumbup Gear saves lives, regardless whatever excuse other idiots have.

I always wear full gear. :)

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
Gear Rocks!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Glad to hear the gear saved a lot of down time for you. Get back on it soon.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Well, Joe Rocket makes a padded mesh suit, I wear one out here in Cali when it's really hot, and I've had a low speed low side in it that the jacket was so impressive I wrote the company and told them about the experience. Before that I worried a little that the mesh would suck in a crash, but the pads are strategically placed and the mesh makes it feel like you're riding aroudn in a t-shirt. I always wear gear when I ride. Normally jeans, boots and leather jacket, sometimes mesh jacket other times full leathers (right now it's cool enough I'm wearing my leathers, but have the full mesh suit as well, all are two piece). So, I'd agree. From years of skateboarding and many layers of skin gone due to road rash, I can't imagine what it would be like from a motorcycle over 50 mph. Possible skin graft, but that's a possibility I want to minimize.

C

1 - 16 of 16 Posts