TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, in an attempt to repair a rear cylinder exhaust leak the front cylinder exhaust bolts have been broken. From what I'm told the front cylinder head needs be removed and brought to a machine shop to drill the old bolts out.
I assuming the cost from a machine shop will be pretty reasonable, I will call around tomorrow and get some quotes.

I would like the bike gone by next week, so make a reasonable offer.
I will consider trading for a bike that runs and drives now.

Email: [email protected]

Bike is located in Massachusetts.

My original ad:
This ad was created before the exhaust bolts were snapped.
I just used it to give everyone an idea of the condition of the bike and what I thought the value was before the bolts were broken.

00' Suzuki TL1000r
Clean bike w/around 22K on it. Runs and drives very well.
PC, Double bubble, integrator kit, Yosh RS3 slip-ons, frame slides, factory manual fan switch kit, carbon fiber front fender.

Last February (have the receipt) the bike had plugs,TB synched, TPS set, chain and sprockets, remapped and new Pilot Powers.

The bike is having the rear exhaust gasket right now. I put a used set of GSXR 1K rotors on it and changed the brake fluids.

Left panel has a crack from PO drilling for frame slides. Chain could use a good cleaning. Has a few scratches here and there.

I have the passenger seat, spare left panel, tinted screen, factory gel seat. I also have the toolkit, owners manual, and the Certificate of Vehicle delivery.

$3400 or trade for a street bike or dual sport that can be registered?

·
Registered
150 Posts
did the same thing to one of the bolts on my front header, managed to get it out with a easy out and torch tho

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had exactly the same with mine, started drilling, and tryed everything else withour any luck.

Now i have to do the same. Demontage my cilinder and see if i can get it fixed.....

winterproject......

·
Registered
150 Posts
ya, my bike only had 11k on it, so i got lucky i guess, on the down side the last guy pre striped both the heads for me, sheared one off with the first easy out, used a smaller one and the tap handle was literally bending and twisting 1/4 turn before the bolt would jump a tiny 1/8 turn, and then stop again and repeat xP

·
Registered
676 Posts
There are a lot of bikes for sale now period....Not just TL's.

·
Registered
676 Posts
And by the way...nice looking tiller. Good luck on the sale:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the comments, it's a shame I like the bike. I ride year round and just don't want to deal w/the downtime.

Here is a pic of the bolts currently.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get a good welder to come by to weld a nut on it. It looks like there is enough meat. I've done that plenty of times on cars at my shop. Usually works. Just soak it in penetrating oil after welding nut to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts