TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's been almost a year since I sold the TLR and bought the 999. the TLR went to a member here and I wonder how he is doing with it.:O

I have made some advances in my riding that I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to do on the TLR, that being said I still have a lot of room for improvement. the HP numbers between my TLR and the base model ducati were the same but the Duc is lighter. being lighter it was a lot easier to get it upright and on the throttle quicker. I have been able to drop 2-4 seconds per lap across the board depending on what track I was at.

I miss running hard on the TLR doing things that most think not possible for that bike, but it was exhausting. I would always be sore the day after riding no matter how hard I trained.

now that I'm coming to grips with the 999 they go and bring out the new bike (1098). great! I thought I was done spending money, planned on keeping this one for another year.

It's been a while since I posted here but if anyone is interested the race reports for the year are here;
http://www.finishesunlimited.net/racing/reports.html

and the gallery of photos for the year are here;
http://www.finishesunlimited.net/racing/photos.html

Eddy AFM#831

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Good to hear from you man. Been wondering where you were...figured you were hanging out with the snooty Duc crowd! :laugh

Glad to hear the bike's working out for you. Question for ya, you doing your own maintenance or are you forking out for the dealers to do your maintenance between races? I hear those valve adjustments are a pain and often, I can't imagine how it is on a race bike where those things go faster and matter more.

You always had the sweetest TLR, till you replaced the skull's with the number plates that is. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

these skulls :)

actually this past year has been so busy that I really didn't post anywhere. my business is doing good, been racing, trackdays, and instructing :banghead

the bike is so good it takes care of itself :rotfl

actually we did all the race prep, parts changes, and oil changes ourselves. valve adjustments done by my sponsor, only needed one so far but that was at 3,500 miles and it needed it bad. we had lost 5 HP with cooked spark plugs a out of wack valves. the dealer who helps has taken a great liking to the road racing scene and will be taking care of my bikes from now on.

If your gonna race a duc you need loads of cash or someone in your corner, luckily I have a lot of people in my corner.

eddy

·
Registered
764 Posts
that's a great pic.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
I still kick myself....

Any plans on returning to WSIR?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still kick myself....

Any plans on returning to WSIR?
what are you kicking yourself over? not buying my TLR?
really wish you would have, it needed a good home.
how have you been lately? and the wife/girlfriend? hope all is well.

and as far as returning to WSIR why don't you let me know the dates you will be there and I'll try to make one of them.

eddy

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
what are you kicking yourself over? not buying my TLR?
really wish you would have, it needed a good home.
how have you been lately? and the wife/girlfriend? hope all is well.

and as far as returning to WSIR why don't you let me know the dates you will be there and I'll try to make one of them.

eddy
Yup...that's what all the kicking is about :laugh

Been good...our track time has gone from 2+ days a month to nothing...we'll see what comes of the track day org. she worked for...owner claims he'll be back for 07...we'll see. Will let you know about days we'll be there. Kelly Baker (Performance Unlimited) wants to get a group together to ride the Sat. before raceday in the street groups, there are very few people on the track and you arguably get plenty of time.

As for your bike...I hope it found a good home...but I am also upset I don't have an extra $8500 right now. Josh Hayes is selling one of his 04 1000rr pratice bikes (full Erion paint job) with a lot of extras. But again...nope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts