TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i tonight after readin about the flammin pipes :laugh i decided to unhook the tb pair valve, and whalaaa flames, they are soo beautiful, i have gutted stock cans so i dont have to worry about ruining the baffles, but my only question is, it backfires like 1000 shotguns. is there a way to keep the flames but tone down the backfire noise? and also i tried to run it without the airbox lid on, i know there are plenty of threads on this but i figured with one thread started you can just chime in here, is it harmful to run without a lid.....sorry im just sooo amped about the flames they are soo cool looking :hail

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
no lid, no problem. you just lose your ram air. you still have a filter.

can't help you on the flames. but if you don't want it to backfire, use a propane kit.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha propane kit nooo thanks. i appreciate the response makes me feel a little safer.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Brett, I think they run different ECUs for their smog laws etc. Plus we have different fuel too. :O

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
BTW Brett, I'm looking good this long weekend to help fit that +ve mod if you haven't already? :devious

[end hijack] :laugh

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
cuz you Aussie's probably aren't running grossly lean on your fuel/air mixture, and/or you don't have an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
liona shed some light on this for me.....before the pair valve block off i did i had no back fire problems at all or any flames, but i did the pair valve block off and whalaa backfire and flames....what gives, does it change the air/fuel or somthing to that effect?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
when you're running, the pair valve injects air into the exhaust ports to dilute the emissions. when you close the throttle, the vacuum line shuts the valve, thereby shutting off the airflow. when you disconnect that line, the valve stays open, and injects fresh air on decel, causing a HUGE lean condition in the pipe, and voila....instant flames :devious

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks billbo, i sent you an IM last night about this just to let ya know......god they do look sweet, i'm gonna have to get my exhaust caps welded on tonight because they feel like they are gonna get blown right off:laugh if i were to replace the exhaust gaskets would that tone down the backfire? cause it is really really really really loud......maybe that also has to do with my gutten cans and no airbox?:O

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Ruby said:
BTW Brett, I'm looking good this long weekend to help fit that +ve mod if you haven't already? :devious

[end hijack] :laugh
yeh sounds good :thumbup let me know what day.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I stayed at my girls house last night, so I wasnt home to get your IM. replacing the exh gaskets will do nothing to tone it down :lol

its an explosion...how quiet do you want it? :bitchslap :lol

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
TLR-Billbo said:
its an explosion...how quiet do you want it? :bitchslap :lol
:laugh :stupid :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts