TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've got a 97 TLS and love the thing to bits, by far the best bike i have ever had despite an issue im currently still having with the forks (that aside as it will be going to the shop to finally get that sorted.)

I have been looking at various site and pics of awesome modded tl's and its got me thinking about 'updating' mine.
I would like to make it fully faired, whilst I admit the shark skins are nice aftermarket parts I want a different style, either a TLR kit or maybe a gsxr kit. Does anyone know if any of these would be a direct bolt on of parts or what would be required to get an alternate kit to fit.

I also would really like a new rear end thats abit sharper and than whats on there now, so if any knows of any subframes that would bolt on or as near as like a gsxr1000 '06 end that would be fantastic.

Any advice would be much appreciated and will give me a little project to look forward to :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
anything other than TL bodywork/subframe etc is going to be a custom job. It has been done, with cutting/welding/fiberglass etc :thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
There was a company...war eagle...who made GSXR style fairings for the TLR, but not the TLS if I remember correctly.

IMHO, TLS looks best completely naked!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
what is it about the TLs that makes you fall in love with it? if its the motor and the sound and the fact that not every jonny and his dog has one then why not get a TLR instead? same pros but with faring.

·
14,150 Posts
and better looking!

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Sam made brackets to fit GSXR fairings to the TLS. Ziggy999 bought them and made this...

If you search there's pictures on here of Sam's bike with the fairings mounted on it.

·
2,463 Posts
... why not get a TLR instead? same pros but with faring.
Because it's the Fat Bastard of the motorcycle world :laugh

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
anything other than TL bodywork/subframe etc is going to be a custom job. It has been done, with cutting/welding/fiberglass etc :thumbup
:stupid

Serious modding/upgrading requires serious work, mind you. But it can be well worth the effort! Like laughing your ass off when they ask you why your gixxer sounds a lot different then theirs :laugh

·
14,150 Posts
Because it's the Fat Bastard of the motorcycle world :laugh
Better to be fat than ugly. At least with fat you can go on a diet! :rotfl

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I still claim the TLS is the best looking bike in the business:hail :drool

·
2,463 Posts

·
14,150 Posts
and a severe beating by the ugly stick. Take those bubbly Nike Air Jordan fairings off and it's a good looking bike. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the bike for so many reasons, obviously the sounds it makes is awesome and the fact people tend to think you have a few screws loose when you tell them what you ride haha,
but its also the first bike out of all the ones i have previously had that I feel right at home on, if that makes sense, it seems to inspire so much confidence which make the whole ride so much more enjoyable.
I have thought about the tlr but if i was to try and change my bike again I think my wife would have a fit (this is my 3rd bike this year, the previous 2 being a cbr600 and a zx6r).
I think the bike does look good semi naked admittedly, I have just always enjoyed customising things a little lol ;)
So would the tlr fairing bolt straight on then? does it matter what year?
It definitely something I am very much considering as long as I can find enough information on what is required. So thanks for your help guys :D

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Honestly dude, if you want it to look like a TLR you shoulda just bought a TLR. The GSX-R option isn't a bad idea though... nothing like laughing at dumb people when they can't work out why you bike sounds different :devious:laugh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts