TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, could ya help me out?

What do you use to clean your chain and where do you buy it?

Usually my weapon of choice would be Kerosene, but altho people claim it exist here (under the same name) I can't find it! :O wtf? I've tried campie, boeren bond and some car shop, they have all sorts of crap like lampenolie and crap I've never heard of or can't understand, but no kerosene. The fact the shop assistants seem to know little more than how to scratch their arses doesn't help either.:banghead

I miss lil' old simple NZ!
chur

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
just use good old petrol.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
It might if you left it to soak in it . just brush it on till its clean.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
WD40 if you can't find kero. It'll do the job. I think the manual also mentions kerosine.

Petrol is bit harder on everything when used as a degreaser.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There are some big franchaise-shops in germany: POLO, Hein Gericke and Louis.

They sell all the stuff for motorcycles.

A Hein Gericke-Shop is in Breda/NL. Search here: http://www.hein-gericke.de/0/store-locator/
In the popup "LÄNDERAUSWAHL" click on "Niederlande". The bottom left is the Breda-Shop. (I don't know how to put it in one Link)

The Gericke-Company classified in three kind of shop. A, B and C. In an A-Shop you find everything. Arai-Helmets, Acrapovic, Braking... They sell top-brands and they own brand.

And in this shop, you will find an O-Ring-Kettenreiniger. I'm sure.

And yes. Do not use petrol to clean the o-ring-chain. If you would mke it cheap, use diesel or spirit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WD40 if you can't find kero. It'll do the job. I think the manual also mentions kerosine.

Petrol is bit harder on everything when used as a degreaser.
Cheers, the WD40 worked pretty well. And yeah, I'm a bit hesitant to use petrol when it could do some damage, chains are expensive.

There are some big franchaise-shops in germany: POLO, Hein Gericke and Louis.

They sell all the stuff for motorcycles.

A Hein Gericke-Shop is in Breda/NL. Search here: http://www.hein-gericke.de/0/store-locator/
In the popup "LÄNDERAUSWAHL" click on "Niederlande". The bottom left is the Breda-Shop. (I don't know how to put it in one Link)

The Gericke-Company classified in three kind of shop. A, B and C. In an A-Shop you find everything. Arai-Helmets, Acrapovic, Braking... They sell top-brands and they own brand.

And in this shop, you will find an O-Ring-Kettenreiniger. I'm sure.

And yes. Do not use petrol to clean the o-ring-chain. If you would mke it cheap, use diesel or spirit.
The Hein Gericke in Breda closed down recently but I'll try a couple of other shops like motoport for it... I just can't believe it's so hard to get simple, cheap kero!

Cheers for your help guys.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
diesel might be the go. I use it in my parts washer. its pretty oily

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
+1 WD40 and a chain brush.
I do mine at lest once a month. I have only ridden it once since the middle of Dec and I've cleaned my chain twice Dec and Jan. lots of cleaning, and a little chain lube on in between keeps it healthy.

W

·
0 Posts
as far as i know: lampenolie = kerosine! :)

this is what i use. works well, and is cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts