TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I'm at the supermarket, at the check out...

and there is $10 bux lieing on the ground... I pick it up and tell the lady in front of me that it must be her money... She says, "yep. and thanks"... (+1 on the Karma)

5 minutes later I'm comming out of Aldi. They have a little coin thing on the shopping cart so you have to bring it back to the front of the store to get your quarter back. So I'm running my cart back up to the padoc and the one in just before mine still has the quarter still in it...

Pull it out and it is a Texas (Denver mint)

I've been looking for a Texas quarter (Denver mint) sence July of 2004...

what comes around, goes around.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Whoa a ten dollar quarter...:confused now Im not a mathmatician but isnt..... aw nevermind nice pickup:rockon

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
principle you goober...

not the math... the PRINCIPLE!!!! So I'm out $9.75 But really never had the saw buck in the first place...

so I'm actually up one difficult to find coin in my collection.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Damn Lohman they are abundant down here.:)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
good karma in not cheep...

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OldTLSDoug said:
Damn Lohman they are abundant down here.:)
yeah, I'll bet. Don't know why it was such a problem, usually the Denver mint coins are easy to get (they produce about 75-80% of the US coinage)... but for some reason none of them ever got here to Illinois.

them Texas people must have been hordin' all up.:laugh

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
Are the Texas quarters bigger than the regular size ones...
:laugh

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Now hold on a second....

1 minute before you found the 10 bucks, you had whatever money was in your wallet.

Now you spent the same amount of money at the checkout regardless of what happens, so lets take that out of the equation. If we fast forward 10 minutes later when you are driving home, you are 25 cents ahead of the game.

I deal with this type of situation all the time in the stock market. It depends on which timetable you chart. Are you looking short term, mid term, or long term? I look at the long term because the trades that were higher and lower than my trades I wasn't involved with. The only ones that count are the ones that I get an execution on my buy or sell order.

Lohman, you are 25cents richer. :thumbup

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LiononaLeash said:
Lohman, you are 25cents richer. :thumbup

Better then that, I'm 25 cents richer, I have a clean conscience AND I have filled one of the spots in my coin folder that has eluded me up to this point...

I found $10 in front of the drive up post office box about a month ago, just cash, and no one around looking for it, no one to attribute it to....

so it became beer money.

just kinda amazed me the other day, so I posted up about it.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Well there is also a bit more to this than just the monetary value. Lohman felt good for his deed and in his mind chalks up +1 for being a good guy. This adds to his character and self recognition as a "good guy" and has a good feeling. This sheds a lot of everyday stress increasing overall longevity and health. Feeling good is extremely valuable -look at the lengths people go through just to have a good feeling trips, objects, addictions, etc...

Secondly Lohman was able to make someone else greatful inducing a phenom called "reciprocation" -you know the whole pass it on BS... Well that really works and she will remember and her view of the cruel world has been modified slightly and the results will be exponential. No matter how heartless this woman may have been she feels like she needs to return the favor in some manner and this will effect the people around her though her day. Who knows what end result you may have triggered... Maybe she went and gave a guy a free hummer cause she didn't need the money now that you gave her the 10 and that guy, maybe he was going to blow up the planet but she stole his wallet with the plans... Lohman -you saved the planet!!!

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
look at that,

all growed up and savin' the planet and chit...

I think that deserves a few extra Capt'n and Lemonades tonight

YEAH, time to farcus!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
chucks_net said:
...Maybe she went and gave a guy a free hummer cause she didn't need the money now that you gave her the 10...
I love the leap to that. :laugh :rotfl

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
(Off Topic Engage!) :lol

I hate the concept of reciprocity. The concept is based on feeling guilty that someone else did something for you. A simple "thank you" is all that should be expected in return and all that the recieving party should feel compelled to give back. Otherwise, its not a favor, its selling a service. As far as the guilty feeling of needing to return the favor, it makes the person think that there is no such thing as a gift from another person.

(Off Topic Disengage)

Sorry guys... I have my self control back... must have hit my funny bone. I deal with folks around the world, the folks in india really suffer from this reciprocity stuff.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.... :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
:) mmmm..$10 :)

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...when I was 16 I found a wallet, $5,000 cash inside - realized it was the wallet of one of my friends father's when I looked at the lisc to see where to return it...

When I gave the wallet, all the cash and credit cards back to him he said "your either real honest or real stupid", at first I was like "WTF" until he pealed off 5 of the 100's and handed them to me (10%) as a reward... much rather have the 10% than the whole and still be able to have a clean conscience:thumbup...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts