TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a trailer similiar to BurnCycle's enclosed Black with diamond plated at the bottom, fold down rear door. 6X10' for $1900.00 with motorcycle tie downs.

I don't have a bike right now but I've always wanted one of these trailers. Yet with not knowing the immediate future I'm having a hard time deciding if I should jump on it for future hawling or not. At the same time I'm thinking I could use that money for other debt as well, or buy a new four wheeler for Alex for Christmas. The one he has is no longer suited for his riding IMHO. I beleive this is a single axle not a dual like burns.

I know what Jim and Duke would say so this excludes them. :laugh I think this trailer is worth $2500.00

Besides that I know of a 6x10 black tilt bed utility for $600.00

I will probably not get either but toss it up for the collective whole opinions.

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
Believe it or not I am going to say save your money. How long would it actully be before you would use it? Might as well pay some other things down for now.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what the wife says too. :lol

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I agree with extender. No need to spend just cuz it's cheap right now. When you need one, you'll find another deal. Maybe not as good as this one, but there's ALWAYS a good deal out there somewhere.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Save your cash. If you have to borrow $$ to buy it or buying it would preclude you paying off other loans earlier the real cost of buying the trailer now is likely to be several times the actual purchase price. An enclosed trailer is nice to have, but they go up for sale quite often, esp right after bike week:lol

good luck

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
but they go up for sale quite often, esp right after bike week:lol
Good tip. Never shopped for them myself but who knows what the future holds?

Del, save your cashola. Wait till you've secured new employment and then you can think about frivolous toys.

And get the kid a dirt bike dang it. I know your hillbilly and all, but don't turn your kid into a quadbilly. :laugh

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know where a pw 50 is for $700 or was but I can't give that much for it. Alex can't ride a regular bike that well yet.

BTW the lady emailed me and said that you can't take less than 1900.00 but then she emailed me again and told me to call her to "discuss". I offered $1500.00

This is darn temping. I know I should not but I can do this. I have another Interview Tuesday next week and I'm confident I'll land something. If I don't land something... well I can still use this trailer for stuff. Landscaping work and odds and ins if I need to.

If I go up $200.00 and she comes down a few we could make a deal. This is money in the bank. I set a bit aside for my soon to be obsolete employment. Hell worse case scenario I can always resell it.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Why did you ask us for our opinion if you don't want to hear it? Save your money Del. You don't NEED the trailer right now so that money could be better spent elsewhere, or you could just save the money.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point, Good point. I ask the wife too but mose of the time I do the opposite. :laugh It never falls. I normally go with the flow/gut feeling on things.

Sometimes it serves me well and sometimes it does not.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...Del, buy it now and pay the persons full asking price:devious...

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I never pay asking price. :lol

She emailed me pictures. View attachment 21220

It looks like a 6x8 not a 6x10. The guy whom told me about it said it was a 6x10. I have not went to look at it.

It does not have the diamond plate side rails like Burns.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
know what Jim and Duke would say so this excludes them. I think this trailer is worth $2500.00
Yes you do know :lol If you have debts to pay, you technically do not have the money to buy the trailer. If you have credit card debt and you are not applying the "trailer money" to it, you are in effect putting the trailer on your credit card at 18% or more interest.

God, I wish I could make 18% compound interest guaranteed. I would put everything I have on it and forget about it. At that rate, the money doubles every 4 years. Retirement would come in, oh, 8 years. If only I could open my own credit card company and screw people like Mastercard and Visa :devious

Pay off the bills. Then think about trailers and such. It is worth it :hail

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I knew you would say that.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
:megaphone DEL, DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU? DON'T BUY THE TRAILER!!!! Maybe we should all do like BX and tell him to buy the trailer, then he would say "nah, I don't need it"!!!!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I know what Jim and Duke would say so this excludes them. :laugh I think this trailer is worth $2500.00
Budgeting and finance are almost exactly like dieting and weight loss, Del - about 99% of doing it well is based on behavior and discipline.

Bet you didn't know I'd say THAT. :lol

·
5,503 Posts
I knew you would say that.
Then the job here is done.

Money can work for you instead of against you, like this. Playing Hansen Soda with 6K to start with netted me over 4K in profits :hail I took a small loss on it when their stock options practices recently came into question. Pulled the ripcord quick on it and have not touched it since. Not unless it dipts down to 25 anyway. :devious

I'm not suggesting you become a quick trigger stock trading maniac, but invested money does tend to beget money. Save and accumulate some and put it to work. There is nothing better than instead of borrowing to buy, being able to buy stuff using money that was earned by money. :)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Based on my current weight and the personality test I just took. I don't do very well with budgets or discipline.

However I will probably not buy the trailer.

·
5,503 Posts
Since you are probably not buying the trailer, I will be fair with you as well. :laugh

I lost my ass in an ugly way on Nabors Industries. It was one of my oil industry bets. Nabors is a leading equipment lease/drilling company. The thought was even if oil prices vary, demand for drilling is way up. Nabors is making stupid money, but their stock has been and continues to this day to be a pretty lousy investment, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Anyway, one must not "argue with the market". I now rigidly follow the sell it if it goes down 8% below purchase price, accept that I picked a shitty entry point and move on rule no matter how much I believe in a company.

Still well up overall though :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts