TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last couple of weeks I did a few things including: mirrors, steering damper, carbon inner windscreen cover, carbon gauge/switch panel, extra lights since I live in the country and modified Zippy charging mod (not pictured).

·
Registered
457 Posts
looks very good :thumbup
do you have a pic of the new lights on? you know, powered on? lights shining? :O

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No pics of them on yet. I'll get some the next time I take some pictures though. She needs a good bath and some outside pictures. Plus the lights still need a little tweaking as they aren't aimed perfectly. I just eyeballed them so I could get everything put back together before last Thursday when my buddy came down from Tennessee. Then we rode everyday so I haven't had time to tweak them or clean up a few other minor things (including my disaster area of a garage).

·
Registered
457 Posts
oh, ok.....how do they work so far? are the pretty bright? i have been thinking of doing that too. just so i could have more light. you know?
:)

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They work well. They are bright and light up the road pretty well. Although since they aren't aimed well they light up the road about 5 feet in front of the bike. :laugh They are off the same amount though as the patterns meet almost perfectly. I wanted to mount them somewhere else horizontally, but I couldn't find any other place where they wouldn't hit during suspension compression or lock to lock turning.

·
Registered
963 Posts
nice man

·
Registered
534 Posts
That cockpit does look pretty trick, but I bet those gauges are pretty bright at night. You thought about putting some sort of a dimmer on them?

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
well done :thumbup the gauge that shows 11,9 what is that battery voltage or ??

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That cockpit does look pretty trick, but I bet those gauges are pretty bright at night. You thought about putting some sort of a dimmer on them?
They are bright, but I put them low so they don't actually shine in my eyes. I have to make an effort to look down to see them. The gear indicator dims at night anyway though.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well done :thumbup the gauge that shows 11,9 what is that battery voltage or ??
Yep, it's battery voltage. It reads a little low when the bike is off, but reads dead on when it's running (right around 14.5).

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Yep, it's battery voltage. It reads a little low when the bike is off, but reads dead on when it's running (right around 14.5).
:thumbup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts