TLZone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I have to sacrifice the heart of my project and put everything on hold. My school's financial department just informed me that I owe $800.00 more than my loans will cover--my loss is your gain. :banghead

This is a complete engine out of a running bike. Similar engines with all wiring and throttle body setups are selling for $799+ on fleabay, but the mileage of this one is unknown, hence a lower price of $650.00. The engine turns over, but the harness was cut (within a couple inches of the ignition--easy repair), and the tank was off, so I never fired it up. As stated previously, ALL engine wiring and ALL computers/modules go with the engine, as well as fully assembled throttle bodies and any hoses pictured as well. The picture is not very detailed at this point, but I will go and take a few more and post them up later. It should be noted that this is what the engine looked like coming straight out of the bike--road spray, residues and all, but there are no leaks, and it is full of oil. I'll clean it up some for the other pics. And YES, an old baby seat IS the best engine cradle for a TLR engine. :)
Local pick-up is preferred (hour north of Pittsburgh, PA) but I can meet someone halfway within reason, and I can also build a crate and get freight quotes.

ALSO: A have a Two Brothers dual exhaust that will go with it--not in the best of shape, but it's here for the taking.

I need to sell this immediately, so please take the time to consider adding this to your garage. Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ive had great experiences buying from Laz, bump for a great seller. Sorry to hear, Lazarus. I have the college financial woes right now too.

On a side note, I painted the tank I got from you the other day. Looks sexy...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Laz, please email me [email protected]
PM replied--email sent.

Thanks GoHokies--glad to hear things are coming along for ya. You should post pics when it's all done.

I will be out of town this weekend, but I'll get some more pics up early next week--that is, if someone hasn't snatched this engine by then...? :O

·
Registered
992 Posts
I will ONLY buy my motors from a guy that cradles it in an old baby seat. Thats just the way it is. Im looking into finding the cash. I'll PM you when I do.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys--Took the family out of town for the weekend, and just got back. Although nobody has called "dibs" on the engine, it should be noted that vandriver PM'd first about it, and he is indeed waiting for the VIN, which I will go and get tonight (engine is stored at my parents' house). So, yes, the engine is still for sale.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, here's the number for van and anyone else interested: T504-106573.

Also, I need to sell this as a complete unit, because I just don't have the time to do otherwise.

Sorry guys. Between taking 18 credits, raising two boys and fulfilling social obligations, it has been tough to keep up this week. I'm about to take some time to respond to a couple of PM's--thanks for your patience.

p.s. my camera, (Powershot 770) decided to completely fail due to some internal short or something. Luckily it's sent off for repair under warranty. Hopefully it lasts more than 9 months next time. Anyway, I'm currently trying to dig up our dinosaur 3.2mp to snap a few more for you. If anyone needs to see a certain angle or something, let me know.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Van (or anyone else), please post whatever results you get from running that number. I used a couple free services and ran the frame VIN, and it came out clean. Anyway, whatever the result, please post the link, or a screenshot of the results, if you don't mind (or just buy the engine, lol). Like I said with the frame, I have nothing to hide.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Van, any word on the results with that number? I have a loose agreement (no payment as of this moment) on the engine, but I was curious to see what you could find. I will update whether or not this deal goes through.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to cyoung7272, the engine is no longer on the market. Thanks again, Chris. Now I just have to finish that crate...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts